Forums Latest Members
  1. monti Jan 11, 2020

Looking to find second wheel for a vintage Rolex Sky-rocket movement. I believe the watches were issued to Canadian fighter pilots in WW2.
    My watchmaker said the second wheel is broken but otherwise it is running and complete. I have attached pics of the movement and wheel that is broken. I believe it is cal.59 with sub second dial

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

2. Canuck Jan 11, 2020

Did your repair person tell you it is a SECOND wheel he needs? The second wheel is typically called the centre wheel. If it is the wheel with the seconds hand that is needed, that is the FOURTH wheel! I suspect it is the fourth wheel you need. Confirm that with the repair person. That is likely a Rolex 59, otherwise known as FHF 30. The FHF 30 part might be easier locate.

jimcon11 and Foo2rama like this.
  3. ericjasman Jan 11, 2020

Cool timepiece. I hope you get it fixed up.

4. monti Jan 11, 2020

yes sorry he said its the wheel for the second hand.

5. Canuck Jan 11, 2020

Be certain you search for a FOURTH wheel.

6. monti Jan 11, 2020

I believe it is a two part wheel. The picture of the gear with the hands is the broken wheel but I think its supposed to have another piece (lower gear) attached to it. Sorry I'm not a repair person

7. Canuck Jan 11, 2020

You came here for help, yet the information you are giving us is so disorganized and confusing that I doubt anybody can interpret exactly what your needs are. Get the guy to tell you EXACTLY what part is needed, in proper terminology, and maybe then we can help you. If he can’t do that for you, then find a repair person that can.

marco likes this.