Forums Latest Members
  1. omegawatchlover Sep 6, 2022

Any OF members get a chance to snag a 126000 or 124300 from their AD or grey? Excluding silver and black dials. What was your buying experience like? When did you get it? At the peak maybe. How were you able to?

I would love to get the green dial granted that the yellow has discontinued lol not much purchase history or power. Been thinking about getting a yellow 36, seen them around 14k!! And a yellow 41 at 20k!!
    Or maybe I should forget about those high premiums and try to get a green from the AD… hopefully before Rolex discontinues it.

2. vbrad26 Sep 6, 2022

Bought an unworn 126000 in coral red almost exactly a year ago.
    Someone pointed me in the direction of a somewhat local to me dealer, DavidSW and I went over there and bought the watch in person.
    Would definitely deal with them again. They always seem to have a few of them on hand.
    As for current prices? I don't know. That is up to you and how much you are willing to pay to board the hype train lol.
    The watch I bought wasn't for me and it wasn't my money and I still had this sinking feeling in my stomach walking back out to the car knowing I just paid double MSRP (at the time) for a basic ass red Rolex haha. Though looking at them now I would say its not been a bad ROI.
    But it is also not a watch I would have ever bought for myself...

D80FCBCC-FE93-4F0A-9EE7-9174A857D656.jpeg

Edited Sep 6, 2022
    alikara, omegawatchlover and NGO1 like this.
  3. omegawatchlover Sep 6, 2022

I wanted the yellow so bad. I had asked my AD for the explorer and possibly the yellow late last year. Ended up with the explorer, can’t complain but geez I didn’t even get the chance to get the OP!

The coral red looks great. Thanks for sharing your story. Double MSRP for a discontinued model, yes I will have to think hard about that.

4. johnireland Sep 6, 2022

I've owned Rolexes for over twenty years...I love them. But these cartoon colors completely escape me. And at $14000 (or more) I have to laugh, as there or much better Rolexes for less than that. You can have an 18k DateJust on a 18k Jubilee bracelet for that money, or less. This color dial fad has all the permanence of silly looking shoes named for basketball players.

noelekal, Bourne1984 and vbrad26 like this.
  5. omegawatchlover Sep 6, 2022

They remind me of the Stella dials that Rolex once used on Daydate. Yeah one could put that money towards PM but some like the durability of a new modern watch. Just look at steel Daytonas being the same cost as a PM Daytona on OF. To each their own. It sucks that they’re super expensive. And even more so, that they are no longer produced. I’ll stick around to play the game. I really like the yellow.

6. vbrad26 Sep 7, 2022

If the OP ever ends up back in my hands...it would have sentimental value.
    But I don't know if I'd be able to hang on to it knowing I could trade it in (at current prices) for a brand new polar Explorer II lol.

7. savka Sep 7, 2022

Athlete-affiliated basketball shoes have been around since the 1980s, which is before some members on this forum were even born, and have sold at auction for well over a million dollars. We collectors are a strange group so I'm not surprised at the interest in colored dials, and wouldn't be surprised if interest remains strong among a committed and enthusiastic group of people in the future.

rbob99 and omegawatchlover like this.
  8. ALEJANDRO BOVONE Sep 10, 2022

this color based debate is not new. but daytona paul newmans were considered unwearable in the 70s as per too extravagant. and manual wind! so everybody wanted an air king for the money. and now they are an auction diva. personally i like the color OPs, minding the hype but still look like a nice new generation rolex fun watches to collect.

9. spacemission Sep 10, 2022

I've seen the oyster perpetuals 41. The green one is top.

omegawatchlover likes this.
  10. spacemission Sep 12, 2022

If you want a reference or model still in production don't go to the grey market.

11. Bourne1984 Sep 20, 2022

Dropped into my AD whilst on lunch, had a lovely chat with the manager and he went through the list in front of me. I’m next in line so will hopefully have a shiny new OP 36 in Blue (not turquoise) this does nothing for me, in a couple of months. Not to bad as will only be around 6 months wait time. Once I have it I will post. I’m also personally not a fan of any of the new colours.

12. omegawatchlover Sep 21, 2022

The blue is stunning in person. Great choice. Sweet that your AD is giving you a heads up on when you’ll get it. You’re so close! Please do share when it arrives.

Bourne1984 likes this.
  13. JimmyTwoTimes Sep 21, 2022

Was lucky to get the call for an OP41 Coral from my AD back in Feb. right before it was discontinued. No purchase history prior and waited about 11-12 months from when I initially registered my interest.

omegawatchlover and vbrad26 like this.
  14. Ssunnylee24 Nov 3, 2022

Got this for my new born daughter last year @ a local AD.

OP.jpg
    savka, Scarecrow Boat, SC1 and 2 others like this.
  15. vbrad26 Nov 3, 2022

Wow looks great on her wrist lol ;)

16. SC1 Nov 3, 2022

I got this below MSRP from a Rolex AD in California right before Covid smacked the arse of the world...
    I know this isn't what the OP was referring to but I thought I'd use his post as an excuse to unearth a photo of it.
    20201008_142133-01.jpeg

vbrad26 likes this.
  17. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 3, 2022

When they came out I went and tried the coral dial in 36mm on…and I could have bought it. I didn’t…

18. vbrad26 Nov 3, 2022

Ouch lol. Well, assuming you were looking for an "investment piece" hah.
    Haven't looked at prices in the last couple months. I'm assuming they are down a tick from peak though, no?

19. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 3, 2022

No idea about the current pricing. I’m only sorry now that I didn’t take it, purely because of a significant (for me) life-event where that particular watch was the absolutely perfect celebration/commemoration(already had the caseback engraving singled out), and I spoke to my local AD end of last year who suggested these are easy to get, and I should come place my order next summer closer to the time…

It’s ok, it’s only a watch, got plenty of nicer ones :thumbsup:

vbrad26 likes this.
  20. t_swiss_t Nov 3, 2022

6 months ago my wife was about to have our daughter and my AD got me a green 36 OP, which I'm engraving with her name/DOB and will be hers when she grows up. The turnaround was 2 days, which was very lucky. I don't think there's anything wacky about them, especially the green which is more subdued, as it evidenced by the ongoing popularity of Stella dials these many decades later.

Its a great watch, but if you want one of the dial versions that haven't been discontinued I'd put your name with the AD and be persistent, doesn't seem worth it to pay a secondary premium unless that's the only way to get one. The wait lists aren't like the Daytona.

blufinz52 likes this.