Forums Latest Members

Rolex Explorer II Red GMT Pointer White Face 40mm

1. kennethcooke Jun 21, 2015

I bought an Omega De Ville Rattrapante Chronograph recently but the timekeeping was poor, considering that it was a Chronometer, so I decided to revert to a Mint condition, old stock/new Explorer II. I have had 3 Explorer 1, the first being a Plexiglass model bought new, which gives my age away. Anyway, I tried the latest Explorer II on and at 42mm is looked too, in your face for my taste. This 40mm with 2 year guarantee is perfect. It gains 5 seconds a day which is well within it's Chronometer status

2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jun 21, 2015

Nice pick up. I agree on the 42mm Explorer ll. I was set on buying one until I tried it on. The 42mm Explorer seems to wear bigger than its dimensions would indicate, in my opinion. I settled on a new 40mm GMT MASTER ll and have no regrets passing on the larger Explorer ll.

3. kennethcooke Jun 22, 2015

I agree, somehow the new Submariner sits better than the new 42mm Explorer II, and, of course the trend in watchmaking is to go smaller and thinner so many of these jumbo watches will look like mantel clocks on peoples wrists before long. The GMT Master is a good choice, I had a Pepsi GMT Master in the 80's. I am very happy with my choice and my JLC Reverso Duo Time jlc-reverso-duoface4.jpg