Forums Latest Members

Rolex Day-date 2013 Collection

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 30, 2013

Below is an excerpt of the entire article on Fratellowatches. Click Rolex Day-Date 2013 Collection to read the entire article.
    [​IMG]

The watch that doesn't need further introduction, the Rolex Day-Date. Introduced in 1956 as the first chronometer wristwatch that had a day and date complication. A classic timepiece from the start, that - in the meanwhile - has and had a lot of prominent owners. This year during the Baselworld 2013 exhibition, Rolex introduced a few new variations to their flagship collection, yellow and white gold Day-Date models on a leather strap with the following dial colors: cognac, cherry, chocolate, green and blue.
    The post Rolex Day-Date 2013 Collection appeared first on Fratellowatches - Opinions on watches, watch reviews, watch stories & industry news.

2. seamonster Respectable Member May 30, 2013

Respectable Member Robert-Jan

Though it may not be as collectible or loved as most of its other brothers and sisters, I always adore the Rolex Day-Date since it was first introduced in 1956.

Initially, it came with a leather-band and an option to buy its 18k solid gold bracelet. Later in the years, the DD was sold with its bracelet, no choice. However, I prefer a leather-band on the watch to give it, a not so flashy appearance.

Thank-you.

3. porschefan Jun 5, 2013

[​IMG]

My late father-in-laws that we're going to have serviced. We'll put it on a black croc strap, most likely, since neither my wife or I dig that much gold.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 5, 2013

simple. classic.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 5, 2013

I take that back. some of those colours are ::puke::

Rjd1 likes this.
  6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 5, 2013

Love the cherry colour, don't you? :whistling:

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 5, 2013

the first pic that Robert-Jan put up is great. but really. this is my problem with Rolex. How can you tell a fake from a real if both come in those sort of colours!

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 6, 2013

Looks like its had daily use for a long time but not too bad overall, wear it in good health!