Forums Latest Members

Rolex 1655 correct dial?

1. DrSeeS357 Jun 14, 2021

ive been offers this watch. the movement looks correct to me, but im not sure about the dial. the owner says the dial is original and the hands are service hands. does not have the correct bracelet, but Im not worried about that. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

explorer2.PNG explorer.PNG mov1.JPG mov.JPG
  2. DrSeeS357 Jun 15, 2021

any input would be so much appreciated, I just don't know explores like I do red subs. thanks everyone!

3. WatchCor Jun 15, 2021

A better resolution pic would be easier but based on these photos I would say that is a service dial and NOT an original dial. I'd nearly go as far and say that it's possible that it's not even an original service dial.

The hands look to me also completely wrong and not only "service".

Might be the lighting on these pics but the case and bezel appear to have had an overenthusiastic polish.

I'd run the other way.

4. DrSeeS357 Jun 15, 2021

very polished . I see that am ok with it because the price is fair. the L on the rolex doesn't seem to match any other dial I can find and the movement says Swiss in gold inlay and seems to be using 5s for Ss in the Swiss. I will put up. a better picture right now

5. DrSeeS357 Jun 15, 2021

here is a better photo I hope of the dial. it does say T Swiss T which the service dials seem to only say Swiss. I also included a red sub dial that I bought to replace my red dial, and was bought as 100% authentic and im not sure. wempe in Nyc said it looked right, and so did some other high end places but im still not sure. so if anyone knows about red 1680 dials that would be amazing if someone could confirm with the best of their ability if its real or fake, I know no one can guarantee anything, but I always listen to others, and for the things I know I will always share my opinion. as enthusiasts we love this stuff and all the ripping people off stuff I hate. Thank you guys so much!

explorer1.PNG red dial.PNG red dial1.PNG
  6. DrSeeS357 Jun 15, 2021

I just put up another photo, and a red sub dial that I bought that was told it was 100% original. any help would be great. what do you think on the movement. do the 1570 movements sometimes use the 5 for the S in SWISS . if you look closely you can see it looks like the 5s were used instead of the normal S. rolex did so many different little things back then so I just want to be careful. again thank you so much for your input

7. DrSeeS357 Jun 15, 2021

here are two more of the same watch

ex2.jpg ex23.PNG
  8. WatchCor Jun 15, 2021

Yeah the 5WI55 and the very crude 1570 stamp is also weird and somewhat suspicious.

I would be very careful with this watch.

Hopefully we get some more opinions on this soon.

9. DrSeeS357 Jun 16, 2021

thank you so much, I hope as well but value your opion very much

10. vibe Jun 16, 2021

The printing on the 1655 looks quite grey.

11. WatchCor Jun 16, 2021

Yeah, and in my opinion waaay too "chunky" plus that odd "T-SWISS-T". Afaik I know there's no "T-SWISS-T" service dials. Only tritium "T Swiss < 25 T" (Mark 6) and luminova "Swiss" (Mark 7).

I'd steer clear of this OP

12. DrSeeS357 Jun 16, 2021

I knew something was off. the L in ROLEX seems to be so different than any other rolex dial for any watch as well

13. Dan S Jun 16, 2021

Fake dial and hands.

14. DrSeeS357 Jun 16, 2021

THANK YOU! we had agreed on 13,500 which I felt was way too good to be true so I had to ask the professional enthusiasts here. thank you and everyone else so much for saving me from this Fugazi