Forums Latest Members
  1. dave.83123 Feb 11, 2020

Hello everyone-
    Newbie to the forum and Omega. I've inherited this quartz Constellation a few years back and I'm curious about it, haven't been able to find out much about it online so it's sort of kindled my interest. This was gifted to my father upon retirement, and was given to him in '85 or '86 although the date on the caseback is 1982 which represents his 40+ years with the company.

As you can see there's no info about the watch visible on the back, is this normal for this year, or did Omega make a blank back available for the retirement market? Is it a "regular" Constellation or is it some sort of promotional series?

Any information from the experts here is greatly appreciated! Thanks all.

IMG_3127.JPG connie_rev.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 11, 2020

The identification information (reference number) will be marked on the inside of the case back.

3. MRC Feb 11, 2020

Seems to be normal for the few Constellations with 4-screw backs I've found searching for images.
    37553b.jpg
    Seamasters with the same way of fixing the back have the Hippocampus logo though.

There are a couple of movements that might be in there, but for a 1982 watch a Calibre 1342 is likely. Here are setting instructions in case you don't have them.

p10.jpg

p12.jpg

If it hasn't been running for a while get that battery out to avoid corrosion asap, you can also look for (& photograph!) movement numbers and caseback references. Perhaps treat it to some new caseback screws too ;)

Here is my Seamaster from the same era, although with snap-in caseback, fresh from an expensive trip to Bienne.

PA230186m.jpg

4. dave.83123 Feb 12, 2020

Thanks for the info everyone. Your Seamaster looks rested and ready after its vacation to Bienne!