Forums Latest Members
  1. Selbo Jun 9, 2014

What tools do I need to remove links from a BOR bracelet? I'm glad that I'm having to remove links instead of trying to track down more but I'm unsure how to tackle this project without ending up with a rice bowl. Any words of advice? Should I just put this into the hands of my service guy instead of risking disaster? Thanks.

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 9, 2014

All the rice bracelets I've played with just consist of little springbars between the grains of rice. A screwdriver or even a toothpick would work, just make sure you don't loose the springbars!

3. Dablitzer Jun 9, 2014

I use a unravelled paperclip. The springbars are tiny. It's one of the most fiddly things I've done, especially on a bor!

4. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jun 9, 2014

Here's a tip I got from an "Old School" Omega guy in NJ. Hopefully this will help.

Simply open the beads with NEEDLE NOSE JEWELERS PLIERS. Another trick is (if you have a work vise) you can lay the bracelet on the arbor of the vise and use a Stanley knife blade and place over the closed side of the beads, tap with a small hammer and spread the beads open. Then use the needle nose to open the bead further and attach to your bracelet then close with the pliers. Secrets of the Trade!