Forums Latest Members

Resistance and click sound when start to adjust the time

1. Y.M1619 Aug 19, 2020

Hi folks, I own a Seamaster Diver 300 with calibre 8806(no date). I wear it occasionally. This morning I started the watch and adjusted the time. I mean, I unscrewed the screw-down crown, gave it about 15 turns to wind the mainspring up, then pulled the crown out to the time-adjusting position. But when I am starting to turn the crown(at the time-adjusting position), I felt a noticeable resistance, and soon after I heard a fairly loud click sound, then the hands started to move. It feels like I forced a stuck gear wheel to turn.

I think it was the second time I noticed that happened. Is that normal? Or did I do anything wrong when starting the watch and adjusting the time?

Edited Aug 19, 2020
  2. Gruesome Aug 20, 2020

Does the crown noticeably click into the (2nd, I guess, since no date) position?

3. Y.M1619 Aug 20, 2020

You made a great point. At that time I did sense that the action pulling the crown into the 2nd position was not as smooth and easy as usual. I needed to apply a little bit more force to pull it out. I can’t remember if it “clicked” into the position, but I guess it is quite likely to be the case. It explains the resistance and click sound afterwards.