Forums Latest Members

Replacing a bezel on a PO 2500, where/how can I get one?

1. VickMacky Dec 25, 2020

So long story short, I have a PO that was purchased second hand and has the LiquidMetal bezel installed. The watch was just serviced by Omega last year so it doesn’t need a full service but I would like the original aluminum bezel put on. How would I go about doing this? Is it a part I can order and have a local guy do? 375A43ED-746F-404D-9A77-5902B1B9DB12.jpeg

2. Jonathan40 Dec 26, 2020

I’m sure some super informed member can add something, but my thoughts are.
    It might depend where you are located as to if an Authorised Dealer or Omega Boutique would order you one.
    Omega have really strangled the supply of parts to third parties in recent years following the Rolex model.
    This results in people that do have stock often charging more than what Omega list price would be.
    You are going to have to ring or visit a store and they will get a price for you and explain what the process would be.
    I surprised Omega released the watch from service with an incorrect part fitted in the first place.

3. vitriol Dec 26, 2020

I guess that bezel was changed after Omega has serviced it.

OP, you can order a new bezel kit (bezel+insert) from AD. You have to order a kit as Omega does not sell these aluminium inserts solo.
    Sales section here on the OF, ebay or chrono24 are other ideas to find pre-owned bezels, those should be more cost friendly options.
    Btw, are you 100% sure it is a genuine LiquidMetal bezel insert?

4. AntonisCy Dec 26, 2020

I doubt Omega would service a watch with a wrong part on it and leave it on.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. zwjk Dec 26, 2020

Easiest way to get it replaced to bring the watch into Omega without the bezel and insert. Just tell them the bezel and insert fell off. This way you can avoid the interrogation about why it has the incorrect bezel/insert.

P.S. I don’t think that insert is Omega OEM.

6. VickMacky Dec 26, 2020

Well, pretty sure. It was sold that way and I don’t have any reason to not believe the seller. It does have the blue insert just like the LiquidMetal and it’s definitely NOT an aluminum piece.
    I was looking in the sale section here but it doesn’t seem like I’ll ever be able to post in there (IIRC I need 200 post or something first?) and I don’t post often. I guess I could post a daily pic of my PO or 300 Diver everyday :)

7. VickMacky Dec 26, 2020

I wasn’t aware they made/sold aftermarket bezels for these. Is there a way to tell?

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 26, 2020

Well, they are not supposed to be selling these parts - they should only be selling things like bracelet, strap, etc.

The OP's best bet is to find a watchmaker with an Omega parts account who can order the bezel in, and make the swap for him.

9. VickMacky Dec 26, 2020

Is the swap straight forward (pop off old, snap in new) or do I need to find a watchmaker who is Omega trained?

Thanks for everyone’s replies, it’s very helpful.

tikkathree likes this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 26, 2020

It's very straightforward if you know what you are doing, and have the proper tools. If you use an Omega certified watchmaker, they should be competent, and have the right tools, and they can get you the bezel. If you choose someone who isn't, then you have no idea what you will end up with.

Here is the bezel off a watch that was sent to me for repairs after the owner took it to another watchmaker for a "simple" bezel swap:

[​IMG]

He not only bent the shit out of the bezel, but he severely damaged the case in the process of trying to pry the bezel off with a knife...so I guess it depends on how lucky you feel.

Cheers, Al

11. Jonathan40 Dec 26, 2020

You only need 200 posts to sell something I think. You can post a WTB? You could also PM someone regardless of post count.

VickMacky likes this.
  12. VickMacky Dec 26, 2020

I dont mind mailing it at all, where did you say you were...?

;)

13. vitriol Dec 26, 2020

See how Omega makes those inserts. Ok, a core probably is ceramic but those declines makes me feel it is lacquer not real LiquidMetal.

375A43ED-746F-404D-9A77-5902B1B9DB12.jpg

14. VickMacky Dec 26, 2020

I don’t think it’s lacquer as the bezel is absolutely smooth with no peaks/valleys or deviations. It feels like aluminum when I run my finger on the edge of it honestly but has much more gloss and reflection than the aluminum bezel does.

15. vitriol Dec 26, 2020

Yes my bad, not all AD's, I meant AD who has authorisation for a service.

16. VickMacky Dec 26, 2020

1ECE25DF-8818-4D04-B5B1-04C0CB77A6B0.jpeg Here’s a photo from the side. As you can see it’s much thicker than aluminum. It also sits just a hair above the crystal, you can’t notice it unless you’re really trying to see it but you can feel it with your finger.

17. vitriol Dec 26, 2020

@VickMacky I wasn't referring to the smoothness, my point was - 1-15 markers are rectangular cavities cut out by the laser, on yours insert 8 and 10 marker are not "regular rectangular", hence my guess this is lacquer applied on the ceramic.
    Neither I wasn't questioning ceramic/aluminium, yours clearly is ceramic, I just doubt it was made by the Omega.

Edited Dec 26, 2020
  18. AntonisCy Dec 26, 2020

Something with that pip looks wrong. I doubt your bezel is authentic to be honest.

19. ConElPueblo Dec 26, 2020

I would be extremely surprised if it was genuine. The minute hashes and the shape of the triangle are different from those you normally see. And the pip seems slightly offset.

Also, the ceramic part doesn't come separately from the steel bezel. Someone ordered an aftermarket inlay and crammed it into the steel bezel ::facepalm2::

Scarecrow Boat and Jonathan40 like this.
  20. Jonathan40 Dec 26, 2020

I think we refer this as “the voice of reason”
    It might help the thread if you (OP) disclose where you bought it from.