Forums Latest Members

Replacement strap for deployant friction clasp

1. TheHoof Oct 4, 2016

I need to source a replacement strap for my Omega DeVille which came with the deployant friction clasp (
    94521803) and a black alligator strap.

I'd like to replace it with something which looks original (black alligator, black stitching, deep lustre) however I'd like to avoid the not insignificant asking price I've been quoted by my local Omega Boutique if possible!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to source a similar strap? Are there any specific straps I need or can I use any 'deployant/deployment' compatible clasp of the appropriate width (20-18mm IIRC) including those which would be compatible with the two-button clasp 94521833?

Previously I'd bookmarked Cousins however the link is now 404'ing:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/handmade-deployment-alligator-genuine-padded-for-omega

Many thanks

IMG_2492 2.JPG
    Edited Oct 4, 2016
  2. yinzerniner Oct 4, 2016

The problem with Omega's first generation foldover deploy clasps is that they were secured using two pins that go into the holes of the strap. The spacing was proprietary so there was a very limited selection or you had to get one custom made with the exact specs.
    Don't know what the pin hole spacing is offhand but if it's the same as the current straps there are plenty of makers and manufacturers who make compatible pieces. Best bet would be to measure the distance to the nearest .5mm and post results here to see if it's compatible with the current straps.

fskywalker likes this.
  3. TheHoof Oct 4, 2016

Spacing of the holes hadn't even occurred to me! Having measured 2 previously unused holes my existing strap, it looks like they are 7.5mm mid-point to mid-point.

4. yinzerniner Oct 4, 2016

Of the Omega deploy straps I have on hand I'm seeing spacing of 40mm per 7 holes (6.66mm spacing) and 47mm per 8 holes (6.71mm spacing). So it appears that the old clasp is not compatible with the new straps.
    Try to measure the spacing between the pins on the clasp just to make sure that your strap hole measurement wasn't off due to stretching of the holes. If the measurement coincides with your first effort then the only routes are direct from Omega or custom.

fskywalker likes this.