Forums Latest Members

Replacement crown for 1947 LONGINES 37mm

1. abrahamovic Jan 10, 2018

Hello,
    I own this oversized 37mm LONGINES and wear it quite a lot. (Until I bought 60th Speedy, my first brand new watch.) Anyway, Longines archives confirmed that watch was originally invoiced on 21 April 1947 to the company Weinstabl. So it never left the country, Czech republic/Slovakia, I bought it maybe a year ago from an old gentlman from Prague. I simply loved it. Didn't check much on caliber or value before. It was my second vintage watch, first Longines. I gave the guy what he asked for the watch. It is cal. 12.68N. Hands seem to be original, dial was definitely refreshed (maybe a generation ago). As I do like this watch a lot, current crown bothers me a lot everytime i look at it. I am not well connected in watch collectors community. Could anyone please help to source at least period correct replacement crown? Thank you for any help.

I found recently same size / case / caliber on menta, might help as reference:
    https://mentawatches.com/product/longines-oversized-watch-2/

1.png 4.png
  2. CHRONOZEN Apr 4, 2020

nice LONGINES Yes you can replace by 5.5mm to 6mm steel crown at this period you dont need a crown with longines crest a NORMAL PLAIN CROWN IS PERFECT LIKE 99%.If any time you want to trade or change for OMEGA,ZENITH oversize,I have some nice vintage watches,but my prefered mark is LONGINES .GREAT AND NICE WATCH YOU HAVE.
    Serge from Montreal