Forums Latest Members

Removing folded/closed links from a new 1171 bracelet?

1. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 9, 2017

Preparing for the imminent arrival of my ST. I already have a brand new 1171 bracelet sitting here waiting but thought it might be an idea to seek up to date info on whether anyone here has had success removing any of the closed links on this bracelet.

I've been googling this morning and could only find fairly old threads where it seemed a couple of people had had slight success with minor damage, but no pictures were working as the image links had clearly long since died.

I have a 6.5" wrist so I'm near certain after researching a bit that it isn't going to fit me very well as is, and I would like to be ready so if that is the case on arrival of the ST, I'm ready to go with adjustments if remotely possible.

Anyone with any experience of this care to share techniques and results?

Thanks in advance, I know this is a long shot.

2. pascs Jul 9, 2017

So you mean that if you remove all the removable spare links, the bracelet will still be too big for you?
    I actually have the opposite problem and find that the older bracelets I buy dont have enough links as my wrists are quite big.

The fixed links are not easy to remove nicely, how many do you think you'd need to remove?

Edited Jul 9, 2017
  3. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 9, 2017

Yes exactly, probably will want to remove another 2 if possible. I did read the the construction of this bracelet is alot tougher than it looks.