Forums Latest Members

Removal Of Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Deployment Buckle On 2009 Watch

1. Cooperman Sep 25, 2012

Help please ......I trying to remove the original OMEGA deployment buckle on my 2009 Planet Ocean Chrono to fit onto a rubber strap but cannot see how to access the spring bar . I can see a small hole with which looks like it will be part of the process but I do not want to start prodding and pushing things that will damage the buckle. I am sure there is a simple technique to this but I cannot work it out. Any help would be really appreciated.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 26, 2012

Are you talking about the springbar that attaches the fixed length strap to the clasp? You need to use a springbar tool and get it between the edge of the strap where it joins and the clasp, and then push it inwards, squishing the strap end a little.

3. Cooperman Sep 26, 2012

Thank you for the reply. I didn't think it was going to be this easy on all my other deployment straps it is far more involved. This is great news and I have now removed it without any problems. Thanks Again

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 26, 2012

No worries, yea its actually a rather clean and simple design, feel free to post some pics if you like, I've actually got an orange PO croc and deployant for my SMPC bond chronograph