Forums Latest Members
  1. VeracityFirst Feb 10, 2017

Hello chaps,

I'm hoping to help a friend and get an ID on this watch. Would you believe she was about to throw it out! Any ideas? Be great to find out. Thank you again.

Watch is here: http://m.imgur.com/a/ZCM63

Thanks

2. Vicke Feb 10, 2017

3. VeracityFirst Feb 10, 2017

Yep, for sure. I'm looking for a ref number ideally. Any ideas? I believe it's from the 70s or 80s. Steel. Thanks.

4. Vicke Feb 10, 2017

Since you didn't read , or understand, the link I supported, I'll quote:

"1: Post Quality Pictures

We cannot stress enough how important it is to post multiple, high quality, clear photographs of the watch in question from as many angles as possible, the most important being the dial, caseback (inside and out) and crown side. The amount of assistance people are able to give is directly related to the number and quality of photographs provided.
    "

Help us help you!

5. VeracityFirst Feb 10, 2017

Cool. So, I'd like to address a couple of things:

I'm a watch geek like you. Be more welcoming, not so short mannered.

Unfortunately I only have these two photos for now. The lady who owns the watch isn't keen on passing it to me to look over. I was just testing the water to see if anyone could help based on the two photos provided. It's obviously a women's constellation, diamond bezel I presume, in steel from either the 70s or 80s.

If/when I can get hold of it, sure I'll post as many pictures as you need. But usually a front and back is good enough for people to give some indication.

I read your post, and the associated link, and tried to update as much with as much information as possible. Sure, perhaps I posted too prematurely, but no need to be like that.

Now I'm not into the whole internet argument rubbish, so I won't reply to whatever rebuttle you post, I've said my part.

Take it easy, and keep on collecting.

6. tyrantlizardrex Feb 10, 2017

Hard to tell with much certainty exactly what it is without the numbers inside the case back (or access to Omega Extranet where the serial number on the back could be checked).

The design makes it 1982 or newer (that's when the Manhattan designs were first released).

The 846 end link pulls up references to ST 6563, which seems to cover quite a wide range of models.

Entirely understand the challenge of getting hold of more pictures, but without them I can't offer much more help.

Cheers

Chris

7. VeracityFirst Feb 10, 2017

Chris, hello and thank you. I'm Nick.

That's a great starting point for me, thanks. I'll take that and dive into it when I have more. That's exactly the start I was looking for, great stuff. I appreciate the knowledge sharing.

8. Vicke Feb 10, 2017

Sorry if I offended you.
    It's just that since there is a perfectly good sticky about what I wanted to say, I though linking to it in a short manner would be an effective way of making my point. If I could get more info out of you pictures I would be very happy to advice, but as the are not very good, out of focus, it's even hard to tell if its a real Omega or a fake.
    If you'd written all of the info you had for starters, including whats in your last post, explaining why you could not supply more info/better pics, maybe someone would make an effort. (tyrantlizardrex obviously did)

9. tyrantlizardrex Feb 10, 2017

No problem Nick. :thumbsup:

The ladies constellation's come in lots of varieties - I think this is genuine from the look of other of the same age, I'd take a guess that this one being from the 90's.

That said, I could be totally wrong, and it could be a Hong Kong special... that's the thing with this line... a lot of them that are real, look fake. ;)

10. tyrantlizardrex Feb 10, 2017