Reference Confirmation / Matching Bracelet

Hi all,

Starting lurking on this forum a year or two ago and eventually succumbed to getting my first watch - a 1959 Omega Constellation ref. 14393. It came with a bracelet which @X350 XJR helped me identify as the incorrect bracelet for the reference. He kindly directed me to this post: https://omegaforums.net/threads/case-bracelet-endpiece-list.81618/#post-1045310 however all the reference numbers listed are in the format 16X.XXXX whereas the reference on my watch is 14393. Pictures attached and a few questions below:

1) Is this the correct year and reference for this watch? I can't seem to find the exact reference on the Omega official look-up. I think it may be this one https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-constellation-calendar-grand-luxe-ot-16963 but I'm not 100% sure.

2) Is there a conversion from the 14393 reference the seller provided to the 16X.XXXX format shown in the bracelet lookup guide? Just for my own edification / learning.

3) @X350 XJR mentioned the correct bracelet is "a 5-row BOR like the 1036 with #11 ends". Are there any other references that would be appropriate for this watch?

4) Where would be the best place to acquire one of these bracelets? I've looked on the accessories for sale forum and while they seem to pop up every now and then, I haven't seen one recently. I'd like to post on WTB but I don't think I have enough engagement on the forum to post there yet.

Thank you all in advance for the help!

There are usually several genuine OEM Omega 1036/11 bracelets for sale on eBay, usually from Japanese sellers, most of whom are quite trustworthy. Make sure that the bracelet is long enough to fit your wrist before you purchase.

There are usually several genuine OEM Omega 1036/11 bracelets for sale on eBay, usually from Japanese sellers, most of whom are quite trustworthy. Make sure that the bracelet is long enough to fit your wrist before you purchase.
Thanks for the quick reply. I did see a few of these on eBay but wasn't sure about authenticity. Appreciate the guidance!

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see a few of these on eBay but wasn't sure about authenticity. Appreciate the guidance!
Most Japanese sellers will accept returns. Try to select one of those sellers just in case. I've purchased several bracelets from Japanese sellers. Never had a problem.

Any of the 5-row bracelets will work with 11 or 511 endlinks. 1502 is another common one. I don't see anything wrong with the 7-row, TBH, even if it's not technically correct.
Edited:

Any of the 5-row bracelets will work with 11 or 511 endlinks. 1502 is another common one. I don't see anything wrong with the 7-row, TBH, even if it's not technically correct.
Makes sense. @X350 XJR mentioned the 5-row 511 or 11 would fit the lug profile more appropriately than the current bracelet and I saw what he meant when I looked at other examples. It seems the transition from bracelet to the actual watch is more smooth and doesn't have the drop from the lug to the bracelet.

Norm knows what he's talking about, and it may fit a little better, but you should temper your expectations. These old bracelets and endlinks don't really have the type of snug perfect fit you get with modern bracelets. There are always gaps, and the same end-links were used for dozens of different cases. So overall, the improvement may be fairly modest.

Also, to optimize the fit, you often need to make adjustments to the end-links. I don't know if you have done that with yours.

You could also consider a flatlink bracelet if you prefer that look. Personally, I'm not a big fan of BoR bracelets on Constellations.

Norm knows what he's talking about, and it may fit a little better, but you should temper your expectations. These old bracelets and endlinks don't really have the type of snug perfect fit you get with modern bracelets. There are always gaps, and the same end-links were used for dozens of different cases. So overall, the improvement may be fairly modest.

Also, to optimize the fit, you often need to make adjustments to the end-links. I don't know if you have done that with yours.

You could also consider a flatlink bracelet if you prefer that look. Personally, I'm not a big fan of BoR bracelets on Constellations.

Beautiful example! And that makes sense regarding the vintage fit vs. modern fit. What do you mean though by adjustments to the end-links?

Beautiful example! And that makes sense regarding the vintage fit vs. modern fit. What do you mean though by adjustments to the end-links?
You often have to mess around with them to get them to fit a particular case the way you want.

You often have to mess around with them to get them to fit a particular case the way you want.
Which can involve filing them, bending them, or both.

Which can involve filing them, bending them, or both.
And sometimes the spring-bar loops can be adjusted, or a different diameter spring-bar can help.

And sometimes the spring-bar loops can be adjusted, or a different diameter spring-bar can help.
Interesting and noted. Thank you both. Any thoughts on 1) or 2)?