Forums Latest Members
  1. PDB Oct 23, 2015

I have been looking for the larger 38 mm Ref 2505 in steel or even a Ref 2544 / Ref 2545 but have found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252103560309?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It appears to be a Ref 2604, but to be honest I know very little about this one with fancy lugs and I am on a very steep learning curve generally. When I google the ref it only shows a face with a center sweep second hand. Also the - on the case back between the numbers looks odd / elongated.

The cal and serial numbers seem to make sense for the year.

I would be grateful if someone with more experienced could cast their eye over it. I would like to have it serviced and wear the watch.

Thanks in advance.

2. omegastar Oct 24, 2015

3. PDB Oct 24, 2015

Thanks for the link. I did see that one and contacted the seller, who seemed a nice guy and from the feedback on this forum a trusted source but he is based in the US. As I live in London I would need to add the usual postage costs, but also 25% import tax and with the cost of a service when it arrived it was just on the wrong side of things. However, I am also aware that an extra couple of hundred dollars might turn out to be a complete bargain compared to buying the 'wrong' watch or the right watch from the wrong guy, hence the post.

Thanks again.

4. PDB Oct 24, 2015

My initial thoughts were: the dial looked original, the crown wasn't as the signature is not centred? (but not sure) the case looked OK, but the back was in a bit of a mess. Also the hyphen after 2604 looked odd and the last three digits of the serial number looked a bit odd. Anyway my copy of 'A Journey through time' arrives next week so hopefully that help me a little along with continuing to read all the past threads on this forum.