Forums Latest Members

FS Reduced to £750 - Omega Seamaster 2577-1

1. jimmyd13 Jun 28, 2019

What are we selling?
    This is an Omega 2577-1 that is in incredibly original condition. The watch has a dome dial which gives a wonderful two-tone effect in differing light. It's probably the cleanest example I've ever seen and the best one for sale at the moment. It was returned from service in March of this year. I'm ashamed to say that I've never worn it since it came back. With no more ado, straight to the photos:
    IMAG0003.jpg IMAG0013.jpg IMAG0014.jpg IMAG0015.jpg IMAG0016.jpg IMAG0017.jpg IMAG0018.jpg
    There's very little to say about the watch - everything is original and correct. In the spirit of full disclosure, when purchased, the seconds hand was loose in the case and bent. It has been straightened and re-fitted. You will see there are plenty of minor scratches - they'll all come out with a cape cod cloth if you want but, as it sits, the case is completely unpolished. She'll come on the black leather strap in the first photograph.

IMAG0019.jpg

There are a few minor idiot marks on the case back.

IMAG0020.jpg IMAG0021.jpg

As I said in the preamble, she was serviced March, 2019. New rotor bearing and mainspring was installed. There was another part this one needed - I can't remember what it was but I do recall that it was not cheap! This one was an expensive service. She runs the moment she's picked up but has spent her life in a box since March. She's sold with the remainder of the 12 month warranty. If there is an issue, return the watch to me, I'll take it back to the watchmaker who serviced her and send her back.
    IMAG0022.jpg

And, for completeness, the inside of the caseback.

Why are we selling?
    Offering this for sale purely to make space (and funds) for new watches.

Cost
    The price is £850.00 including tracked and insured shipping to most of the world. If you live in Outer Mongolia or half way up a mountain in New Zealand, we will have to talk about postage costs.

Payment
    Payment by PayPal F&F. If you want cover, then you pay the fees. Alternately, I'll take a BACS transfer. All these new fangled online exchange sites ... no. Never worked in BitCoins or Facebucks. Don't want to start.

About me
    I collect watches. That simple. However, slightly different to many, I finance my hobby by buying watches and antiques that have fallen out of love; repairing them; and, then selling them (sometimes). I am able to do minor repairs myself but I also have a host of watchmakers who do all the really hard stuff for me. I've used these watchmakers for years and trust them all (most of the time). It's not a business, it's just a hobby that sometimes makes money to enable me to continue to spend more.

Returns
    There really shouldn't be any reason to think about a return. I'll not take a watch back because of buyer's remorse or if it's out by half a minute a day. If it develops a fault, I'll get it fixed for you. If the watch is grossly mis-described then send it back and I'll refund you in full. If there's some other reason to return the watch, then we can talk about it (I can't imagine what that reason might be, though).

The "thank yous"
    Thanks to OF for providing this space where we can buy, sell and enjoy our hobby.

ext1, HH37, GregH and 14 others like this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 28, 2019

A really lovely example. GLWTS.

jimmyd13 likes this.
  3. jimmyd13 Jun 29, 2019

adding images in a different light so you can see how the dial changes:
    IMG_20190301_212518_692.jpg IMG_20190301_2022287.jpg IMG_20190301_2021103.jpg

Gas 73, bardamu, John7boy and 3 others like this.
  4. jimmyd13 Jul 13, 2019

Well, there's a shed load of "likes" on this one; a couple of low offers; so, the sticking point must be the price.

I pulled this watch out today as I was going to wear it (decided on the chronometre instead) and noticed a small scratch on the dial between 4 and 5 .... for these two reasons, going to drop the price ... it's now £750.00. That's delivered, so long as you're not somewhere with a £100 delivery cost! If you're in a remote area, PM me about costs.