Forums Latest Members

FS Reduced: Longines ladies' (gents?) watch rose-gold 14ct handwind 1947

1. Willem023 Aug 22, 2022

Hi all,

Freeing funds for a rather substantial disbursement the coming period (not watch related I am afraid…), I decided to sell some of my least worn watches.

Up for sale now is this one.

Longines handwind 14 carat gold case with silver colored dial, 1947. A sweet and striking watch, this beats a dull Cartier Tank any day (but that is only my humble opinion…)

If you have any questions please ask. I can also provide more photos (if necessary with today's newspaper to prove that the watch is in my possession). I have been a user of this forum for several years and am a collector myself based in the Netherlands.

Click the photos for full size resolution, they are part of the description.

Thanks for watching,
    Willem

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

About the watch:

Movement: Cal 8LN handwind. The cal looks extremely clean.

Crystal: Most likely original crystal with no (!) chips or scratches in very good condition.

Case: Solid 14k rose-gold case. Measures 22 x 27 mm (lugs excluded). Unpolished in superb condition!

Dial: Beautiful dial, some even patina present, apart from a larger blemish near 11. It might be an early redialing.

Hands: good condition.

Crown: unsigned.

Function: Keeping very good time and winds nicely. Service needed.

Price : 1000 EUR OBO. Wire transfer or paypal (add 4% for Paypal fees). Insured shipping within EU included, outside EU at cost.

No trades at this time. No refunds accepted unless grossly misrepresented.

Edited Mar 1, 2023
    JPE.88305 and YYTIN like this.
  2. Canuck Aug 23, 2022

Nicer than your garden variety Cartier, for sure. And excellent condition for a 70-year old watch. Glass crystal (not plastic). GLWS.

Willem023 likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Aug 23, 2022

At 22x27, isn’t this a man’s watch? Of course unisex by todays standards- but 22 wide seems typical of men’s cases of this style from this period.

Willem023, YYTIN and noelekal like this.
  4. Willem023 Aug 23, 2022

Would be very happy with that too!
    Added it in the title.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  5. Willem023 Mar 1, 2023

Bump!