Forums Latest Members

SOLD REDUCED: 1960's Sheffield Diver, Beautiful Full Guilloche Dial - Automatic

1. bristnj Jan 20, 2018

Selling this stunning 1960's Sheffield Diver as it truly deserve more wrist time than it gets in my collection. This is a absolutely gorgeous 36mm (w/out crown) vintage Diver with stunning full guilloche dial in silver. Bezel shows almost no signs of wear. Lume is evenly aged, and hands and dial match perfectly. Overall condition is excellent as seen by the photos. The watch has been serviced, and was recently inspected by my watchmaker who confirmed that it's running well, and keeps very good time. Fitted a steel bracelet.

About the Sheffield Watch Company:
    The Sheffield Watch Company hit its hay-day in the 60's with men's divers. I believe it was an American company, Sheffield Watch Inc., based in New York, founded I think in the 50s. If you Google "Sheffield Diver" or "Sheffield Watch" you can see a ton of images and a variety of styles both men's and women's. Most of the men's divers are around 36mm-37mm, and have Swiss movements.

Asking $265 plus shipping. Payment via PayPal or Bank-wire. Shipping via UPS/FedEx/USPS with Tracking and ParcelPro or USPS Insurance coverage. As with my others, selling to fund another recent purchase.

Prefer a sale in the CONUS, but will consider international sale based on the reputation of the buyer.

Have tried to capture everything described in pictures, but please message me with questions or interest.
    Thanks - Jeff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Mar 5, 2018
    Henneth, dan7800, George.A and 2 others like this.
  2. bristnj Jan 21, 2018

Of course willing to entertain reasonable offers on this piece. Thanks - Jeff

Nathan1967 and dan7800 like this.
  3. bristnj Jan 22, 2018

bump - Reduced to $325 OBO.
    [​IMG]

4. Canuck Jan 22, 2018

From my days in retail jewellery, Sheffield was a company that made and marketed costume jewellery. They added watches to their products, largely based on watches for women that fitted in with their costume jewellery lines. It appears as though they added gent’s watches to their lines as well, though I recall seeing only women’s watches among their products. Looks like a BFG movement to me.

bristnj likes this.
  5. bristnj Jan 22, 2018

Interesting. Thank you for sharing. I am not sure it's the same company however. The history I was able to find was on Sheffield Watch Comapny, Inc. out of NY, NY. I think it they were part of the jewelry company mentioned, they would not be specifically designated as a watch company. Or perhaps they created a specific incorporated watch company who imported the pieces from Switzerland. At any rate, interesting and appreciated contribution. Thanks!

6. Canuck Jan 22, 2018

The font on the dial is 100% the same as the font on all Sheffield jewellery products and POS material, and is 100% the same as the font on the dials of the watches the firm sold. The logo on the dial of the subject watch I have never seen before. My experience was with Sheffield in Canada. Chances are they may have founded a separate entity to market watches, elsewhere. One thing for certain is that all their watch models were produced to be marketed in “popular” price ranges.

bristnj likes this.
  7. bristnj Jan 22, 2018

Thanks for the additional info. Very possible they indeed set-up an incorporated company in NY. Definately agree that they were aimed at an affordable price point, which also makes them affordable in this crazy vintage watch world today!

8. bristnj Jan 23, 2018

Reduced to $300 OBO

9. bristnj Jan 26, 2018

Reduction. $275.

Edited Mar 5, 2018
    Vagante likes this.
  10. bristnj Feb 6, 2018

Bump - Still available.

11. bristnj Mar 5, 2018

Bump - Reduced to $265! Added some new shots. Surely someone wants to give this beautiful diver a new home for less than $300!!! Has to go. I need the funds as a large new purchase is already in route! Thanks! Jeff

12. bristnj Mar 6, 2018

SOLD! Thanks OF & Buyer!

R3D9 likes this.