Forums Latest Members

Redial Practice- Le Jour Edition

1. Wallardy Jul 12, 2018

Ok, I'm new to this but I think this Le Jour I came across today is a redial. I am trying to practice and train my eye, so feedback is appreciated.

Here is the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LE-Jour-Vi...lejour+watch&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Here is a pic:

[​IMG]
    Here are what I believe to be problems:
    - Lume appears messily applied (however, many Le Jour watches I'm seeing look like they have messy lumes? What is the deal with that?)
    - Tittle (it's a word, look it up, I promise!) above the J is clumsy, other authentic examples of Le Jour watches have sharper lines and a clear indentation, and either are clearly an outline or clearly filled in
    - The "o" and "u" in Le Jour should come close to touching the line that extends from the R, but not actually touch the line
    - Also, the "o" and "u" are different heights
    - Below the date, it appears to say "France" but it's cut off...I think it's supposed to be to the right of the date, but I have seen it below on other examples...just not this one and not cut off?
    - Also, most other photos I've seen of this have the date box much lower and with the bottom line almost cut off.
    -Something is weird with the minute hand or maybe it's a shadow?
    - Where it says "ELAPSED TIME" seems off

Thoughts? Am I way off?

2. GuiltyBoomerang Jul 12, 2018

IMO original. This model has that interesting take on the LeJour branding style and came with dials that had 'FRANCE' at the bottom or to the side.

Comparisons:

Screenshot_20180713-105804_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180713-105816_Chrome.jpg

MAkUMHEl.jpg

lSR21Iwl.jpg

sdre likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 12, 2018

Looks OK to me, these were not expensive high quality watches, so the dials were far from perfect.

Dan S, wsfarrell and sdre like this.
  4. sdre Jul 12, 2018

Agree with Gene here. Usually the best way to check if its a redial is to do a comparison with an original piece.

Also, from what I have learn from friends and OF, is that commonly the subdials/fonts etc are different, then you know its a redial.