Forums Latest Members
  1. Poday Apr 14, 2014

Hello all,

I recently received a Seamaster 300m (watchco) from a member here, and with the exception of needing a service something awful, I absolutely love it.

The issue is that after setting the time, the seconds hand will continue to turn, as normal, but the minute hand will take anywhere from two to seven minutes to engage. So, it I set the correct time, and then check it 10 minutes later it will be two, three, or more minutes slow. Once the minute hand finally engages, it seems to keep time as it should.

With that, does anyone have any recommendations in the San Francisco Bay Area?

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 14, 2014

Sounds like a loose cannon pinion. Any experienced watchmaker can tighten it for you.

3. webvan Apr 15, 2014

The Bay Area is rather large but if you happen to be in the Southern part there's a great guy across from Valley Fair. I can look up his details if need be.

4. Poday Apr 15, 2014

Thanks webvan. I'm in Oakland, but San Jose isn't too far. Please send me the info when it's convenient.

5. tictictictoc Apr 16, 2014

Frank Seuss in downtown San Francisco (Union Square) did a fantastic job on my Universal Geneve Polerouter. I bought it as non-runner and he pretty much overhauled it. It runs like a charm. Funny, I am wearing the watch today.

In the same building there is Setrak who was recommended by Frank when he was on vacation.

photo.JPG

citizenrich likes this.
  6. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 16, 2014

Yelp has good reviews for both. Even the few bad reviews aren't discouraging.

7. airansun In the shuffling madness Mar 3, 2018

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

8. wsfarrell Mar 3, 2018

World Time in San Jose. Highest possible recommendation.

9. esspee1200 Mar 4, 2018

Heard World Time is good. They have a couple of old Speedy's on their Yelp account that they have serviced.

10. airansun In the shuffling madness Mar 4, 2018

Thanks. They’re not too far away, so I’ll check them out.

I have a couple of nice watches that need service. I just get very apprehensive, leaving my lovelies with strangers. I’ve had such bad experiences over the decades.

11. E-diddy Mar 4, 2018

+1 on World Time. Son is my guy. Have serviced many pieces there.