Forums Latest Members

Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

1. Nepomuceño Oct 6, 2020

JwRosenthal and hejsam like this.
  2. wagudc Oct 6, 2020

I think the price is fair and the watches are nice, but they are funky. Some will like the style, others not. You got to find the right buyer. Also, some might not want a package of two or three. If you want to keep your collection in check, you might think 1 funky cool 70s watch is all I need.

DaveK, hejsam and adrian scott like this.
  3. adrian scott Oct 6, 2020

Very acquired taste. To me not very attractive!!

hejsam likes this.
  4. hejsam Oct 6, 2020

Good point, even though I feel a fair price for the cherry 200m WR one alone should Probably be around this pricepoint and then I’ll just throw in the other two for free.
    But that can also be a wrong assumption on the pricepoint from my side! :)

5. JwRosenthal Oct 6, 2020

To the collective on these- the holidays are right around the corner- think one for yourself and gift the 2 others. Or maybe gift all 3. These are funky cool for a man, or totally awesome for a woman- think wife, daughter, niece....

wagudc, DaveK and hejsam like this.
  6. Keith88lx Oct 6, 2020

I've thought about it several times because my wife would like the color of the cherry one. She hasn't warmed up to vintage yet though. That's been my hold up.

wagudc, adrian scott and hejsam like this.
  7. JwRosenthal Oct 6, 2020

Best way to bring her into the fold. Get them and ask her to select what kind of strap she wants- or multiple straps for different color fun- or a bracelet (one on leather, another in mesh) best way to get buy-in with this hobby- infect them with the sickness :D

wagudc, DaveK and hejsam like this.
  8. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 6, 2020

Unusual premise for a question. It's not unknown for someone (including her indoors) to ask me why I purchased a particular watch but not very often I am asked to justify why I haven't.
    Maybe all of those who keep saying it's a great deal should be buying them.
    The watches and price are ok IMHO but don't really float my boat.

Edited Oct 6, 2020
    hejsam likes this.
  9. hejsam Oct 6, 2020

Kind of why I asked the question, since many have stated its a good deal and a bargain and still no one have pulled the trigger.
    Maybe its just an acquired taste issue!

89-0 likes this.
  10. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 6, 2020

Yes I noticed and it must be a little frustrating for you. I have no problem with someone recommending a purchase, after all that is what this great thread is all about. However when many other people then add their written commendations it does make you wonder why one of them doesnt just buy !

hejsam likes this.
  11. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Oct 6, 2020

It is a "good deal" as you get three watches for 250eur, which is 83.333333(...) per watch. That, in itself, is fantastic. The flip side of the deal is they are very quirky and do require a specific taste IE a boisterous personality or a love for a very specific styling. Just because it is a good deal doesn't mean it will sell quickly. It will take the right person to come along and that could unfortunately take time.

adrian scott, JwRosenthal and hejsam like this.
  12. Professor Oct 6, 2020

I'm not into colorful dials.

13. JwRosenthal Oct 6, 2020

It speaks to the point of this thread, many of us can recognize a good deal but are trying to exercise discipline in our purchasing habits, have similar watches or want to share with people who are just starting their collections. We continue to shop/hunt but have become more discriminating in our focus- but it doesn't mean we can't share it with our friends.
    When I started collecting, I would have snatched this 3-watch bundle up in a heartbeat (and am tempted for the gifting opportunity), but when I am staring at a collection of over 80 watches and am currently reassessing what I wear and what I don't, prudence dictates that I just can't buy everything I like.

COYI, wagudc, machamp6650 and 7 others like this.
  14. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 6, 2020

My comments were not aimed personally at you as I respect your opinions and recommendations. Additionally you do not need to justify not purchasing something. This was the original comment i made.
    To be clear I am grateful to people for recommending watches and telling me why the movement is great or the historical significance of a certain piece, or poor condition etc. etc. and then leave me to make my own mind up whether I want to buy which I am more than capable of doing based on many different reasons (same as you). I have benefitted from the shared knowledge many times
    I do though slightly bridle occasionally at comments from others which infer, if not explicitly state, that "you would be mad not to buy this" or "I cant believe this is not sold" or other similar comments

JwRosenthal likes this.
  15. Nepomuceño Oct 6, 2020

I make those comments as support :) I see this deal as really ideal even if I myself am not going to purchase it. It's a friendly bump. That's why GLWS exists. Now if we were heavily advertising this sale it would be a different story.

16. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Oct 6, 2020

Well I think it's probably had enough advertising for now. Expect it will sell quite soon

17. JwRosenthal Oct 6, 2020

I take personal responsibility for pushing some things- particularly when I want it gone so it's not temptation for me :thumbsdown:
    This thread has been cathartic to a certain degree as I can share in the joy of someone I know getting a prize- I think we all share in that. Seeing Adrian's retrospective made me kick myself seeing some of those "why didn't I buy that?!!!"- then I remembered- I had the opportunity, I passed for a reason.
    I agree Gav, we see it on the top end of our little market place too with $$$ watches that veteran members express how they can't believe is still lingering and it always comes down to the same things- this is a narrow market, buyers here tend to be a little more disciplined than most, the pricing has to be seriously tempting and the timing has to be right with buyers and sellers aligning. I'm always rooting a little harder for our family members here over eBay sellers, perhaps sometimes it does come off a little strong.

COYI, wagudc, Gav1967 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Nepomuceño Oct 6, 2020

Screenshot_20201006-132024.png
  19. impalla62ss Oct 6, 2020

Bencherman likes this.
  20. impalla62ss Oct 6, 2020

DaveK likes this.