Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

its great to see this thread spring into life again, some great posts the last few days, just a pity none have been available for me

its great to see this thread spring into life again, some great posts the last few days, just a pity none have been available for me
Where are you?

Where are you?
Ireland, EU watches only for me....
i wont complain though, I still have more Christmas presents to get for the kids :(........ Paw Patrol takes priority

Ireland, EU watches only for me....
i wont complain though, I still have more Christmas presents to get for the kids :(........ Paw Patrol takes priority
You heard him EU brothers and sisters- share them deals here and stop being so selfish!

This is the best auction description I have ever seen.

083E0933-AD8D-4DB5-AF0E-5A8B230B4517.png

You know it is bad when the seller posts only one image and it is of the caseback.

To be fair the seller states in the description: "More details to follow and more pictures."

I can't wait.
::popcorn::

You know it is bad when the seller posts only one image and it is of the caseback.

To be fair the seller states in the description: "More details to follow and more pictures."

I can't wait.
::popcorn::
Actually, this is probably set up for a specific buyer.
I had a buyer I was working with who bought a few pipes from me. We started chatting and I put together a lot for him and made a specific listing using a single bad blurry photo and the description was “pipes” with a BIN of $9999 and a make offer (so the buyer could make his offer and I accept).
Sure enough, within 60 seconds of posting the listing, I had 2 inquires asking for more information :confused:

Actually, this is probably set up for a specific buyer.
I had a buyer I was working with who bought a few pipes from me. We started chatting and I put together a lot for him and made a specific listing using a single bad blurry photo and the description was “pipes” with a BIN of $9999 and a make offer (so the buyer could make his offer and I accept).
Sure enough, within 60 seconds of posting the listing, I had 2 inquires asking for more information :confused:

No option make an offer, auction only. Not a recommendation, but in case others want to join in the speculation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363647404289

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
No option make an offer, auction only. Not a recommendation, but in case others want to join in the speculation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363647404289
I am assuming he got a package price for making x number of listings and is using that as a place holder to get the deal.

Price is insane. It’s quite a high price for an “old watch”— I’ve picked up many for much less.

Putting this in the dumpster diving thread…
EXCUSE ME!! I resemble that remark!
And does next to a dumpster still count as dumpster diving?

Very nice 37mm chrome plated Alpha chronograph with gold furniture and Landeron 48 movement. Alpha made quality watches back in the day, not the same company we know now that does homages of famous watches.
This one looks to be in excellent shape, slight corrosion on the hands but all radium lume is intact chrome is in great shape and dial is outstanding. Seller has make offer, any working Landeron based chrono of this era in the $400 range is spot on for value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-37mm-...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

E2B87AB8-2B41-4111-B78A-26ECDEA1E14A.png

Lovely lovely old Chrono!
Someone should snap that up.
To my eye the hands don’t look like they fit the watch: but I bow to greater knowledge!

To my eye the hands don’t look like they fit the watch: but I bow to greater knowledge!

The angle of the photo above makes it look like the minute hand is a tad too long, but it looks just right in the straight on shot. They look ok to me, but I am no Alpha chrono expert (is anyone?).
s-l1600.jpg

The angle of the photo above makes it look like the minute hand is a tad too long, but it looks just right in the straight on shot. They look ok to me, but I am no Alpha chrono expert (is anyone?).
s-l1600.jpg
It’s a nice watch for the money. If I didn’t have 3 like this already I would jump on it.i have an Alpha diver from the 60’s that’s awesome.

So as we all know, this thread is not about dumpster diving (thanks Ash) but about sharing good values. For some of us, we only post watches we would buy ourselves if it were something that would fill a hole in our collection or we had the means to buy it- this one falls into both catagories for me.
Brought to us by our own @Kargol - a fantastic stainless Zenith El Primero. This one has been on my list for a while but I’m not in a position to buy at the moment- someone here really needs to keep this in the family.
As the Daytona is to the pimped out G-wagon, this is to a classic air cooled 911.
The price is spot on, about as low as I have seen them and the bracelet is a massive plus.
https://omegaforums.net/threads/zenith-el-primero-white-01-0500-400-38mm.139121/

4170FE24-CA9B-433E-AC28-CC4F21A435DF.jpeg

This wouldn’t be a great holiday self-gift.

So as we all know, this thread is not about dumpster diving (thanks Ash) but about sharing good values. For some of us, we only post watches we would buy ourselves if it were something that would fill a hole in our collection or we had the means to buy it- this one falls into both catagories for me.
Brought to us by our own @Kargol - a fantastic stainless Zenith El Primero. This one has been on my list for a while but I’m not in a position to buy at the moment- someone here really needs to keep this in the family.
As the Daytona is to the pimped out G-wagon, this is to a classic air cooled 911.
The price is spot on, about as low as I have seen them and the bracelet is a massive plus.
https://omegaforums.net/threads/zenith-el-primero-white-01-0500-400-38mm.139121/

4170FE24-CA9B-433E-AC28-CC4F21A435DF.jpeg

This wouldn’t be a great holiday self-gift.
No it wouldn’t. Thank God it’s in the EU! Fix avoided.

No it wouldn’t. Thank God it’s in the EU! Fix avoided.
Typo- but I obviously was trying to use reverse psychology- you do not want this watch, this watch sucks, it’s not a great deal, it will not make you more virile and attractive to both sexes.