Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

The Bellmatics are on the rise, particularly in the funky colors. It’s a matter of time before these get up there
They really should be. Fantastic watch, with dial/bezel combinations that are very classy and usually a modern sizing in the 37/8 mm range as a bonus. I have several and have previously had up to a dozen, mostly in SS but I have had a couple in nice condition in Seiko GP. Terribly underrated

They really should be. Fantastic watch, with dial/bezel combinations that are very classy and usually a modern sizing in the 37/8 mm range as a bonus. I have several and have previously had up to a dozen, mostly in SS but I have had a couple in nice condition in Seiko GP. Terribly underrated
I agree. I think mechanical alarms are going to get harder to find soon. These SS Seikos are incredibly classy. Maybe I should have just snagged this one as a Christmas present for someone :rolleyes:

I agree. I think mechanical alarms are going to get harder to find soon. These SS Seikos are incredibly classy. Maybe I should have just snagged this one as a Christmas present for someone :rolleyes:
Ooooh, you were planning to actually wear it to tell time…oooooohhh.
I thought since these vibrated they are to be worn some place else entirely. :whistling:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
As Harry Callahan would say: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky? ' Well, do ya, punk?"

Up for sale on the 'Bay is a late-50s Tissot Seastar at a starting price of $64 - but no one has bid on it over the last three ten-day auction cycles. The reason? The listing pictures are terrible:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304197603731

So take advantage of this seller's inability to focus and snap up a classic steel-cased, in-house caliber, manual-wind Tissot. Despite the murky pictures, the off-white dial looks original - and the crown may be original as well. By all means, ask the seller for better pictures and ask if the watch runs. You might get good answers for both and a great deal on a barn-find watch.

I don’t see what the problem is with those pictures.
0E15C9A7-5FC8-489C-B5F2-6341B6517DDC.jpeg
looks perfectly clear to me

And I need to note- taking a picture that bad actually took work.

As Harry Callahan would say: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky? ' Well, do ya, punk?"

Up for sale on the 'Bay is a late-50s Tissot Seastar at a starting price of $64 - but no one has bid on it over the last three ten-day auction cycles. The reason? The listing pictures are terrible:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304197603731

So take advantage of this seller's inability to focus and snap up a classic steel-cased, in-house caliber, manual-wind Tissot. Despite the murky pictures, the off-white dial looks original - and the crown may be original as well. By all means, ask the seller for better pictures and ask if the watch runs. You might get good answers for both and a great deal on a barn-find watch.

I took a gamble on it. I’ll send an update when it comes. Thanks for the tip.

I took a gamble on it. I’ll send an update when it comes. Thanks for the tip.
First we have @Shabbaz wearing a submariner on the streets for all the world to see with open toed sandals (and apparently white socks) and now mm935 gambling on horrific pics- this group is throwing caution to the wind these days!

I don’t see what the problem is with those pictures.
0E15C9A7-5FC8-489C-B5F2-6341B6517DDC.jpeg
looks perfectly clear to me

And I need to note- taking a picture that bad actually took work.
Yea if you’ve got a halfway decent phone these days it’ll fight you as with active sensor stabilisation they’ve made them pretty boomer-proof at this point

First we have @Shabbaz wearing a submariner on the streets for all the world to see with open toed sandals (and apparently white socks) and now mm935 gambling on horrific pics- this group is throwing caution to the wind these days!
I admit this was a foolish impulse buy. Here are the arrival pictures. It runs but just needs a service. What do you guys think?

I admit this was a foolish impulse buy. Here are the arrival pictures. It runs but just needs a service. What do you guys think?
For what you paid, it looks to be a sweet deal. Honest Tissot with the original crown as well.

It doesn’t look too shabby, but it appears the second hand is missing.

What do you guys think?
Well done! A steel-cased, full-rotor automatic (should be the in-house caliber 28.5R-21) with applied logo, applied hour markers, "pearl track" minute markers, original 3-6-9-12 dial, and original crown. Needs a sweep second hand as mentioned; an aftermarket hand can be reattached at a service.