Forums Latest Members

Recommendations to help me modify my speedmaster

1. olbez Apr 4, 2018

I am finally a happy owner of a Speedmaster Pro Moonwatch (ref: 311.33.42.30.01.001) and now looking to personalize it a bit. I do that kind of thing with most things I own, so this is just part of the course for me. Here are the mods that I am looking to do:

- I want to turn the finish on the case from shiny polish into brushed finish, aka speedytuesday special edition.
    - I want to paint the three chronometer hands (large sweeping seconds hand, and the totalizer minute and hour hands) in mat red.

Do you fellas know of good contacts for me to have this done? Preferably on the west coast, or close to it.

Oh and I don't care about resale value as I am not going to be selling this watch for sure.

Appreciate your help!

2. gdupree Apr 4, 2018

I have not used them, but I have been pointed to LAwatchworks a couple of times by members that seem to be happy with what they have done.

3. olbez Apr 4, 2018

Thanks! Reached out to them.

4. alam Apr 4, 2018

Did you buy the wrong watch?

:D

5. olbez Apr 4, 2018

heh, nope - just the one I could afford at the time. Plus, like I said - I like to customize my things. :taunt:

6. jetkins Apr 4, 2018

To each his own. Being a car guy, I have to suppress a snicker or groan at some of the things that owners inflict upon their rides, but everyone appreciates things differently so I try not to judge.

Good luck with your efforts, though you may want to hold back on posting pictures of the results here lest some of the more judgemental among us give you a hard time about it.

7. Maganator Apr 4, 2018

Did you buy it new? If so your mods will likely invalidate your warranty

8. olbez Apr 4, 2018

Bought it from "grey market". I am sure that mods will invalidate the warranty but I'm fine with that.

9. olbez Apr 4, 2018

Thanks! You know it is funny but, when it comes to cars, I too am mostly an all stock guy. Except for jeeps that is.