Forums Latest Members

Recommendations... Replacement Bezel insert: Planet Ocean 42mm - 2201.50.00

1. Kalvin Oct 22, 2017

Sensible options for a Replacement Bezel insert: Planet Ocean 42mm - 2201.50.00
    Your recommendations please...

I'm looking for an accurate replacement bezel insert for my PO (circa 2005). Tried the usual watch forums and would like an alternative to replacing the entire bezel assembly!

Best regards,
    K.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 22, 2017

Not really the place to ask about obtaining fake parts...

fskywalker likes this.
  3. Kalvin Feb 26, 2018

I'm looking for an original... I'm having issues sourcing one through Omega!
    Possibly a watch maker may have recovered a bezel from a non-functioning watch?

fskywalker likes this.
  4. Kalvin Feb 26, 2018

I'm looking for an original... I'm having issues sourcing one through Omega!
    Possibly a watch maker may have recovered a bezel from a non-functioning watch?

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 26, 2018

What you perhaps haven't realised is that there are no legitimate bezel inserts available. Omega supply only the full replacement bezel only. If you look at ebay you may well find a new or second hand full bezel but no-one, Omega included can supply you with a genuine insert alone. This is unlike the situation with Rolex who will sell you an insert but unfortunately it is the deal with Omega.

ps I commend you on the choice of the 2201.50, IMO the best of the Planet Oceans

Edited Feb 26, 2018
    fskywalker likes this.
  6. Kalvin Mar 17, 2019

Hi Padders,
    Thanks for the feedback (sounds like the Archer chap was a little put out LOL???). I’ve asked Omega to source me the entire bezel assembly but have not had a satisfactory response, apparently one was sen for but that was several months ago and I grew tired of chasing them. I’ll keep an eye on the forums!

Many thanks toy you! ;)

HootOwl and fskywalker like this.
  7. OWa Mar 21, 2019

fskywalker likes this.
  8. speedyproftw Mar 21, 2019

fskywalker likes this.
  9. hbombkid Mar 24, 2019

Yea you missed the boat by a couple years used to be able to get the full bezel from otto frei for under 300. I would swap from black and orange all the time.

Might get lucky on the forums or the bay but if you could find a watch maker with a parts account they could get one for you.

HootOwl and fskywalker like this.
  10. cgaites Mar 24, 2019

Does anyone know if one can purchase a bezel directly from Omega? I just picked up a pre-owned black bezel 2500, and would love to have a new/mint bezel handy to replace the slightly scratched one I have. Not opposed to Omega level prices, but don’t want to send the watch away for 2 months. Especially because it was recently serviced by Omega with the previous owner.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. ctpete Mar 27, 2019

Any OB will order one for you.

fskywalker likes this.
  12. cgaites Mar 27, 2019

Unfortunately, there isn’t an OB within a few hours of where I live. There is an AD. Can ADs order parts like this for customers? Anywhere one could purchase online? I don’t see anyplace to do so on Omega’s website.

fskywalker likes this.