Forums Latest Members

Recommendations for remote desktop access Mac Computer

1. wagudc Mar 17, 2020

Hi all,

My wife works for a small business that uses mostly Macs. Does anyone have a recommendation for a remote access software that is secure, works well, and is relatively low cost? She would need to be able to acess her iMac desktop computer remotely. Simply moving the computer to home is not a viable because she would need to I on their local network.

Thanks for any recommendations.

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Mar 17, 2020

I think that Apple can set that up, not sure about an enterprise system, but for sure for just one

3. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Mar 17, 2020

We use Logmein
    Is the top remote app as far as I know

4. Dan S Mar 17, 2020

Depending on how she will be using the computer, it could be more effective to bring it home and access her work network via a VPN.

5. wagudc Mar 17, 2020

I tend to agree, but their current IT support is limited. I'm hoping she can set up something like go-to-my-pc or splashtop without dealing with anything else more complicated.

6. wagudc Mar 17, 2020

Looks nice, it might be a bit more than her work want to pay for. It is something that she can explore further.

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 17, 2020

Been spending a ton of time this past week trying to fix Anywhere Access on a handful of Win machines at my office. The issues are the result of me not being as savvy as I need to be when I take off my engineer hat and pull on my IT Department hat a few times per year. I pulled the plug on the effort earlier today, and loaded Logmein on my business partner's machine. Other than their web site running very slow, the process of signing up, downloading and installing was painless, and the remote access worked fine when I accessed from a laptop. Logmein works with Macs as well as Win machines, and you can access a Win machine from a Mac, and access a Mac machine from a Win machine. At roughly USD $65/ mo for a single client, and $50/ mo/ each for a handful of clients, it's not cheap (a single client install used to be free years back when I first used it), but it is much cheaper than not getting billable work done so revenue streams can keep flowing. And it helps with the ability to keep employees employed.

wagudc likes this.
  8. Unfamiliar_Moon Mar 18, 2020

Chrome Remote Desktop is worth a try

Benbradstock likes this.
  9. Benbradstock Mar 18, 2020

Second on chrome remote desktop. It works and it’s free, and it’s Google.

10. Whsjr415 Mar 18, 2020

Our office uses Splashtop. We are Windows but they support Mac and I want to say the pricing is $5-10/month.

11. Observer I know nothing! Mar 17, 2021

Does she really need to control the remote machine or just use the same data? Security concerns with remote access are huge, especially without a solid tech team.

12. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jan 7, 2023

Mac laptop computer in space ... eject that disk in zero-gravitu conditions !
    How NASA tested their graphical user interface computers in space ...