Forums Latest Members

Recommendations for leather strap?

1. Barchettaman Feb 20, 2020

I’m delighted with my strap from Sherp Leatherwork on Etsy.

I have no connection with the company other than being a satisfied customer!

FDC655AB-AF61-4B1A-A925-B0DD509157BC.jpeg

Pazzo likes this.
  2. Jeeper Feb 20, 2020

Which country are you in? And what is "decent" discount?
    TIA

Jeeper

3. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Feb 20, 2020

I tried. Can't find it. The search engine on www.handmade.com doesn't find useful results for "genteel", "watch strap", etc.
    Do you have a direct link?

4. snunez Feb 20, 2020

Speaking of straps, are there any leather straps that can withstand tropical climates? With two rainy seasons and near constant humidity, I found the OEM straps didn't last more than 18 months or so of daily wear, so I went to bracelets. However after seeing the Rolex bracelets, I'm now finding Omegas bracelets underwhelming and want to try leather again.

Anyone have a view of some of the exotic leathers, say shark or 'gator and their durability in the tropics?

5. bama2141 Feb 20, 2020

Pazzo and Deafboy like this.
  6. Hduck Mar 9, 2020

I've searched through the Omega website for their straps and only come up with NATOs. Are the regular straps and deployants in there? I've also searched through OF for a link to the Omega catalogue of straps. Is there a link for OEM Omega straps?

7. Porker Mar 9, 2020

Find a local guy who makes bespoke items and have a strap made to your specifications. There are gazillion examples on the web to inspire you and your supporting local business.

With watches nowadays, it’s worth having a variety of straps together with your original bracelet to wear as you go about your work and social life. It makes owning your watch more enjoyable. Get the quick release spring bar pins and switching between straps is effortless.

I’m getting a few custom straps for my OS midsize and enjoy the challenge of finding the right look/function that I’m looking for, quite a challenge when you have a smaller dress watch, getting the strap right makes a huge difference.

8. ras47 Apr 20, 2020

Why, oh why, doesn't Omega sell leather straps that are not NATO on their site??

Graemega, GenericUsername and PhilF like this.
  9. bama2141 Apr 20, 2020

That’s a question many of us would like to see answered.

I can see that many of their curved end straps will only fit selected models, and there would need to be detail of that provided. Straight end straps would be easier since they should fit any watch with the proper lug width. In any case, it would seem that if the buyer entered the model number the site should be able to confirm the fit.

I,for one, would definitely be a buyer if Omega updated their webstore with straps.

Sidreilley and Graemega like this.
  10. Porker Apr 20, 2020

We have our Rolex and Omega agent as one entity. Called them yesterday and apparently there is a catalogue for straps in store. Just not sure if it’s leather or only nato.

11. Pazzo Apr 20, 2020

Colareb, Two Stitch Straps and Geckota come to mind.

12. Porker Apr 22, 2020

My original curved end’s 18mm double ridged strap has arrived. Surely the grail of Omega straps. Really fortunate finding these still new on the grey market. F484CE38-BD27-43B7-9E02-BE89E30651CB.jpeg

13. Graemega Apr 23, 2020

I went in my local OB last year to ask. The guy helping me had a massive catalogue- like yellow pages thick- with every strap, leather, nato, the lot.

14. Graemega Apr 23, 2020

Where did you buy from mate?

15. Porker Apr 23, 2020

They are found on gumtree... just takes forever to show up

16. Porker May 1, 2020

Hey Mega... have a look on the Aaron Bespoke website.. amazing straps. Apparently sending him a pic of your watch is good advice.. he is very good at recommending a strap

YY77 likes this.
  17. brownwld Mar 7, 2023

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I did not want to start a new one.

I currently have a lovely 2500D full set PO 2209.50.00 on bracelet but I really want to get an orange leather with it like this one:

Does anyone have a suggestion for similar strap? I guess to get the orignal would be super expensive now.

Thanks

IMG_5471.jpg

18. ErichPryde Mar 7, 2023

Hirsch has a bunch of orange leather straps here

Could also try Delugs here since it LOOKS like the image you are sharing is an Alligator strap? This Delugs looks similar.

NOTE: I did some googling. It was alligator, looks like...

I BELIEVE that Omega strap was on a deployant- so you may want to try that route? Quite possible (likely) you know more about it than I do.

Have you tried throwing up a "Looking for" thread in the sales forums? That's an old strap, but you never know.

ADDED: By the way, thank you for sending me down that rabbit hole. I haven't watched Top Gear in quite some time, but found this tidbit from May while looking around the internet. Seems he is quite the watch fan.

upload_2023-3-7_0-29-26.png

Edited Mar 7, 2023
  19. sah Mar 12, 2023

Second the Hirsch Straps. You can get very water resistant leather straps as well.

20. Gutefahrt Mar 13, 2023