Recommendations for Hoarded Watch Straps/Bracelets

Hi folks. My elderly father-in-law recently “dumped” on me years and years of his watch parts collections, consisting primarily of mostly brand-new and some used leather straps and metal bracelets (not high quality). I’m talking literally hundreds. Also several used quartz watches. I don’t want them to end up in a landfill, but I am also not setting up a table at flea markets. Any helpful suggestions what to do with them?

Hi folks. My elderly father-in-law recently “dumped” on me years and years of his watch parts collections, consisting primarily of mostly brand-new and some used leather straps and metal bracelets (not high quality). I’m talking literally hundreds. Also several used quartz watches. I don’t want them to end up in a landfill, but I am also not setting up a table at flea markets. Any helpful suggestions what to do with them?

Sell them on Ebay broken into a few reasonable sized lots.

eBay is a good idea, and also with 200 posts, you can make a thread in the sales forum. If you really want to dump them, you can list them all in one lot, but you won't really be able to show them and you won't get much for them. Someone who likes to flip will take a chance on them.

If you price them modestly, I suspect it won't be hard to sell them in lots of 5-10 to people who can actually use them.

I also ended up with a bunch of random old low quality bracelets and such. I think selling as a lot on eBay is the best bet. I’ll get around to selling mine one day.