Forums Latest Members

recommendation on service for 146D Chrono [org AD + Serial Table enclosed]

1. Zenith17 Dec 30, 2015

one of my 1st vintage watch.
    i had it for ~3 years and it is running fine, but start up button is stuck [pushed] with no click.
    Watch is running fine, but obv chrono function is not working.
    I am based in SF, California, USA. Would appreciate any good recommendation for repair/service option.
    also included a picture of my watch and the org. ad print for your viewing pleasure +zenith serial # table....

zenith watch catalog.jpg DSCN0814.jpg zenith.jpg zenithnumeriseriali25ma.jpg zenithserials1.jpg
    jsaen, Hijak and ELV web like this.
  2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Dec 30, 2015

Nice example.
    Some collectors have recommended Paul Seregin on Mason St. I don't have any service experience with him so can't recommend personally, but the last time I visited the shop, they had a nice Zenith Chronomaster for sale, which he had serviced, so I imagine a cal 146 would be a piece of cake.
    http://www.seregins.com

This serial number table compiled by member Nicola1960 is indispensable to Zenith collectors (except in the case of chronograph movements, which are annoyingly devoid of serial numbers). I always keep it handy.

Good luck with the repair.

jsaen and Zenith17 like this.
  3. Hijak Dec 30, 2015

Spoynya

4. Horlogerie EU based Professional Watchmaker Dec 30, 2015

Very nice watch, and a simple movement that should not pose any problems for servicing.

These pushers are not the most sealed units and a lot of gunk gets into them causing problems.

From the angle of the photo the 4th wheel chrono drive wheel to intermediate transfer wheel for the chrono seconds is not adjusted correctly as far as depthing goes, you want to make sure that it's corrected along with a check and adjustment if needed of the transfer wheel to center seconds wheel depthing.

Rob

5. Zenith17 Dec 30, 2015

thanks for the
    i will look into it. thanks