Forums Latest Members

Recommend an Omega authorised dealer in Rome

1. boat_man Jan 6, 2014

Hi All

I'll be spending a few days in Rome next week and intend to use the opportunity to pick up a new Aqua Terra (I've missed having an Omega since I sold my SMP). 38.5 mm white dial, for those wanting details.

What I'm after from the forum is a referral to an authorised Omega dealer who will give me a good deal and who participates in the tourist refund scheme (for refund of VAT - I'm visiting from Australia).

It might be appropriate if you PM me your suggestions. I promise I'll post pics as payment in kind :)

Thanks in anticipation

2. ulackfocus Jan 6, 2014

Hi boat_man. Did you know that BOAT is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand?

3. boat_man Jan 6, 2014

Hi

No I didn't know that, although it seems strangely appropriate for a watch forum!
    'boat_man' has been my handle on another watch forum for a very long time (8 years).

Thanks for the fun fact!

Cheers
    Ben

4. Spy You know my name. Jan 7, 2014

What you ask is a lot. You are gonna need a bigger boat. :p

5. ulackfocus Jan 7, 2014

[​IMG]

khoalety and Spy like this.
  6. Spy You know my name. Jan 7, 2014

Precisely.

7. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jan 7, 2014

Try this one...

[​IMG]

khoalety likes this.
  8. boat_man Feb 2, 2014

@ MikiJ - I deliberately avoided the Omega Boutique as I was after a good price (discount from rrp).

I had a great time dragging the girlfriend around various AD's in Rome (I think I visited every Prada boutique in Western Europe, so it was fair). The AT I decided on (after input from the girlfriend and a very knowledgeable sales assistant) is the grey dial 38.5 mm model with the 8500 movement. The white dial seemed a little serious for my age (I'm 26).

My chosen AD (who offered a very good price) didn't have the model in stock in the right size and couldn't obtain it before my departure. Apparently this model is sold out all over Italy and needs to be ordered from Switzerland. As an aside, bargaining when one doesn't speak a word of Italian is very entertaining!

Consequently, I have returned home empty handed and will now investigate local options. On the bright side, building a relationship with a local AD might be a blessing in disguise if I need to rely on the warranty. As there are only three Omega AD's in Sydney I'll probably give them all a visit.

Thanks (I think!) for the responses above.

9. alam Feb 2, 2014

Boutique, Rome, Euro price tag, not the best combination these days for a consumer with USD as principal form of currency.... ;-)

10. TLIGuy Feb 2, 2014

Hold on there partner, it's safe to purchase and wear an Omega in Italy? I have read hundreds of threads about how you should never wear a Rolex there. ::jumpy::

MikiJ likes this.
  11. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Feb 2, 2014

Yet another one of the subtle advantages of wearing an Omega. Not to mention that "real watch lovers" wear Omega ;-)

TLIGuy likes this.