Recent purchase of this unloved seamaster 565

Like that one kid that gets picked last in PE at school nobody wants, me with omegas it's about the inside that counts and not always first assumptions of the outside. But when I see an unloved omega and especially one like this really dirty 565 seamaster I just can't help myself from snatching them up and give them as much love as possible without spending to much more on them. this was probably one of the dirtiest I've purchased and I'm sure after picking and cleaning off all his old wrist cheese I do believe I must have half of arm was stuck to it lol. The crown is worn which I may change in the future but the movement and quick date change is all In good order, the lugs is a little worn to my liking and the crystal does have a small crack but what do you expect for it's age and possible hard live its had here are a few before and after pictures. DSC_5934.JPG DSC_5935.JPG DSC_5936.JPG DSC_5938.JPG DSC_5940.JPG DSC_5956.JPG DSC_5958.JPG DSC_5959.JPG

Unfortunately, those plated cases were just not made to last.

Unfortunately, those plated cases were just not made to last.
Yea it's a shame it's gotten a little more wear then liking but it's obviously age and use related. Wasn't overpriced so all good

Ha. I love 'em all.
And given how popular some of these old beaters seem to be, I do not think I am alone. Not really a fan of gold colored things. I often think that no one else will want that, and perhaps I can get it for next to nothing.

On the other hand it is nice that such watches are getting respect. I do sort of miss the days when such watches could be had for lunch money. Still I have a few which have been with me a long time.

My mentor said, that many of these watches had the potential to last 500 years. It is not uncommon to have watches what are 100 or even 200 years old. In some ways we are only the stewards of what is yet to come.

Got enough wrist cheese on it to open a shop

too much damage to sand down and feather worn areas into clean ones to replate

makes for a good beater

Got enough wrist cheese on it to open a shop

too much damage to sand down and feather worn areas into clean ones to replate

makes for a good beater

Yea loads of cheese haha .For £150 couldn't really turn it down lol.