Recent acquisition: Speedmaster X-33 Gen 1

Hi all. When I started this hobby a bit more than a year ago, I imagined I'd be staying away from quartz watches. Turns out there's charm in the non-mechanical too, so when I was offered this first generation X-33 for a decent price, I couldn't resist. Have had it for only a few days so I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I see myself wearing it for a long while.

Of course, what's a post without photos, so here's a few.

DSC_1744.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1751.jpg

DSC_1746.jpg

Congrats! Pictures don’t do these justice (although yours are very good). I didn’t think much of them until I saw a couple in person and thought that I could totally get into it.

Cousin says hi, and well done!

X340.jpg

Nice watch! I think the newer generations have lost that old school vibe, but I'd lie if I said I don't want one.

Congrats! Pictures don’t do these justice (although yours are very good). I didn’t think much of them until I saw a couple in person and thought that I could totally get into it.

Thank you. Same; I ignored them until recently.

Nice watch! I think the newer generations have lost that old school vibe, but I'd lie if I said I don't want one.

I had a G1 and loved the look. However, the features of the G3 far and away surpass the earlier models. The project I'm covering has 10 regularly scheduled meetings, plus at least another 5 weekly or bi-weekly meetings. I set the alarms and PETs at the beginning of the week and cruise. For 90% of them, I am prepared before the alert. Occasionally the alert actually reminds me of an event. I love it for its functionality.

Congratulations, it's one of Omega's best offerings! I wish you many, many years of happy and healthy wearing!

I've been thinking about starting a sub-collection of ana-digi watches, since they're rarely break-the-bank priced. I've already got a Breitling Aerospace and an old Seiko, but I'd need an X-33, a G-Shock, Heuer Chronotimer, Tissot T-Touch, Hamilton, Citizen ...

I've been thinking about starting a sub-collection of ana-digi watches, since they're rarely break-the-bank priced. I've already got a Breitling Aerospace and an old Seiko, but I'd need an X-33, a G-Shock, Heuer Chronotimer, Tissot T-Touch, Hamilton, Citizen ...

It's an interesting idea. I myself am not yet that stable with my wants and needs to be this specific.