Forums Latest Members
  1. solar star Jun 12, 2014

I just had a Flightmaster Cal 911 completely refurbished by Omega. I was told the work came with a two year warranty. I purchased the watch new from a local jeweler so I am the original owner. I had not worn it since the 1980s and came across it in my drawer a couple of years ago and recently decided to have the watch serviced. The cost to refurbish the watch was just over $1k. I am considering selling the watch and I am looking for some ideas on what it might be worth.

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 12, 2014

Please share pictures of the watch in here, to get better valuation. I saw several good condition flightmaster 911 change hands in USD 2500-3000 range.

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jun 12, 2014

To get an idea of what the watch might be worth you could search eBAY completed auctions and see what similar condition flightmasters sell for. There are some finer details that imght effect value and for that you would need to post pictures so forum members can assess.

4. lenny Jun 12, 2014

Do you have any paperwork or the original box? That would add value to the watch. As would keeping the original tritium dial. Based on your history, you should be able to get at least 3k. As the others stated, posting photos would help.

5. solar star Jun 12, 2014

Here are some images of the Flightmaster just as it came from Omega repair. It is still wrapped in the protective plastic covering that Omega shipped it in. I have the outside box which somebody used for storage. I have not found the inside box or paperwork. I may no longer have it. The images are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4n17zor80buwh1/AABgMoC5HE90JRedGdKLU-eGa

I may consider a trade or partial trade for a Submariner. Thanks all for your advice.

6. marturx Jun 12, 2014

Sad to say, you should have sold it before the refurbish. You would have gotten more for the watch, and you would have saved the 1k$

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 12, 2014

Well we don't know how bad the dial and hands were beforehand, they could have been pretty past it or they could have been good, but yea, they certainly replaced a lot.

8. marturx Jun 12, 2014

And heavily polished the case. Turned at least me off

9. pascs Jun 13, 2014

It still has the original dial with the T Swiss Made T, but the hands look new.

If the case has been polished by Omega then I believe they return it to its original finish, that does lose some of the character but does give you a like new looking case