Real or Fake? Vintage Omega Geneve 166.0098

Hello,
I am new to the vintage omega watch scene and was wondering if I could get some help on verifying if this vintage omega geneve is real or fake? The seller said it has been recently serviced (only service oiled) and it has no replacement parts other than the band.
If anyone could help me out that would be great!
Thank you!

Hello there. I would say real BUT I'll look for something a bit less banged up... always depends on the price!

Hello there. I would say real BUT I'll look for something a bit less banged up... always depends on the price!
Thanks for your help! Yea I noticed that it had a lot of scratches and dents as well. Would you say that 300 is a good price for it?

As someone who bought a lot of cheap junk and spent a considerable amount of money trying to fix it I would pass on this for USD 300... but maybe you can find a gentlemen's agreement with the seller.

Movement looks clean by the way so that's a good sign.

I think it looks fine for a fifty year old watch. It depends on the price.

In my opinion the dial looks nice, but the case is really damaged. So 300$ is decently cheap but that’s also why.

Ultimately it depends on your approach to buying your first vintage watches. Do you go for cheap but fairly worn ones to wear them everyday? Or do you spend twice+ that amount to find a much better example?

Maybe look at some examples from the eBay recommended listings in the omega vintage section, that could help you get some idea of the trade off between price and condition.