Forums Latest Members
  1. Darragh Aug 3, 2016

Hi All,
    I am very new here and have read amny of your very helpful and interesting threads.
    I am trying to find out if there are any tells regarding Omega Seamaster Fakes.
    I came across this one on ebay and think it may be genuine.

Your thoughts and opinions would be very much welcomed and I will take your advice as I dont want to be hosed for a fake.
    Please help.
    Darragh - Ireland

Omega Seamaster Rear.JPG Omega Seamaster Serial No.JPG Omega Seamaster Sideon.JPG Omega Seamaster Winder.JPG Omega Seamaster.JPG
  2. WatchVaultNYC Aug 3, 2016

First and foremost, this model should have a wave dial?

3. Birky101 Aug 3, 2016

The bezel looks wrong!!

Sent from my Harrier Tab from EE using Tapatalk

4. nurseford25 Aug 3, 2016

you can see the wave in the third picture.

5. WatchVaultNYC Aug 3, 2016

Its trying to be a 2562.20. Just looking at it, something is off.

Dial is clearly fake. Bezel is most likely fake. Bracelet is clearly fake.

OP, why did you download and then host these Ebay pics and then host them on OF when you could have just as easily linked to the photos directly from Ebay? Or was this really from Ebay?

Sorry, I suspect OP is trying to see if his fake can pass off as real. Is this a sport at RWG?

Real 2562.20 below:
    [​IMG]

6. Interstellar Aug 3, 2016

maybe he doesn't want to draw attention to the bids, hence post photos here instead of the link.

Anyway there's a saying, "buy the seller".

OP, still, it'd be interesting if we can see the link to this.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2016

Not sure where you're seeing issues it looks fine to me just heavily polished which commonly makes the bezel and clasp look like that, @Trev bought a Seamaster Pro Chrono a while back with one of those bezels that was similarly polished and it had a similar effect.

Even the whitened tip on the second hand is exactly what you would expect from one of these as theyre known to turn that colour from the original red over time, its just a watch that's had a hard life.

8. ConElPueblo Aug 4, 2016

Nothing fake about the watch - it's just heavily polished and a bit worn.

9. WatchVaultNYC Aug 4, 2016

I think there are objective tells on both the dial and the bracelet that cant be explained away by a bad polish job.

edit: .. or old age

Edited Aug 4, 2016
  10. ConElPueblo Aug 4, 2016

Which are these? I have seen a number of fake Seamaster Pros, but they have all had easily identifiable errors, such as wrong markers, fonts or worng lume pearl in the bezel insert. Also, none have been of this ref, but of the blue-dialed versions (quite often 007s). This one has aged lume on the markers/insert pearl too, which I've never seen on a fake.

I won't start posting photos from replica sites, but members here are free to make their own comparisons :)

11. Darragh Aug 4, 2016

Hi All,
    Thank you all so much for all your help. Yes, I am a newby and I apologise for my ignorance. This is why I am seeking your help.

I am sorry that I didnt post the ebay link - here it is.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/252459864471?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I wonder if someone could explain what to look for (that is wrong) in in the Bracelet and Bezel? I cannot see the issues with this one here?
    I was very unsure about the Dial as I could not see the waves and on closer inspection of the logo, it appears there is some photoshopping - hence my apprehension.
    I dont know what the tells are on the Braclet or Dial.

Sorry for being a newby pain, but am a bit more confused with the opionions here now.

Thanks anyway.

Darragh - Ireland

12. Darragh Aug 4, 2016

Thanks for your input - I think the photo is over exposed - you cn sort of see the wave in the 3rd pic.

13. Darragh Aug 4, 2016

Thanks ConElPueblo - very insightful. I have not seen very many of the seamaster with the white dial and chrome bezel and this is one of its main attractions to me.
    Still confused.
    Thanks, Darragh

14. Darragh Aug 4, 2016

Hi Interstellar - I have now posted the link - was not sure of the ettiquete here for links or photos.
    But do hope it does not drive the price as it is at the top of my range anyway.
    Thanks, Darragh

15. ConElPueblo Aug 4, 2016

It's not an auction, so there's no chance that the price should be affected :)

FWIW, if I were you I'd look after a watch in the EU as that often causes less hassle (customs and the like).

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2016

Its not a good buy at all at that price its badly polished and generally looks a bit flogged out and being the smaller mid-size and quartz its a very low demand watch. He's not going to get that kind of money.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  17. Darragh Aug 4, 2016

I was thinking that myself as customs are high in Ireland.
    But as I mentioned, I have not seen too many with white dial and chrome bezel.
    Any pointers would be welcomed.
    Darragh

18. Darragh Aug 4, 2016

Sorry - I just prefer the smaller size. Thanks for the info - I thought it was a bit expensive too. Especially when the Customs and Excise get their share in Ireland.
    Thanks,
    Darragh

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2016

Its fine to like the smaller size they're just cheaper though so you should expect to pay less for them given that lower demand

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 4, 2016

That's a pretty serious accusation mate - you might want to tone it down a bit. The serial number on the case is for a ref. 25622000. The dial is a tritium version, and clearly has waves if you look. The dial looks fine to me, although I would prefer photos that are less overexposed.

The only questionable thing I see on the whole watch is the S in Seamaster on the clasp - it's a bit flat on the top of the S. I am not sure I would consider that a glaring problem though, based on some things I have seen in the past. Certainly the whole thing is overpriced and has been polished too much - even some of the text on the clasp is starting to fade out pretty badly.

I would not be so quick to call this a fake, or cast aspersions on the person who posted it - poor form IMO.

Regards, Al