Forums Latest Members

Ready to Buy (no AD in my State)

1. HunterBurton Jan 5, 2021

Gentleman, I'm new to the forum here and ready to pull the trigger on a Seamaster (black dial). I have no AD in the state of Alaska so wondering what the best route for me is and also where to get the best deal of course. No sales tax here so would love to have an AD to purchase from online so I can avoid paying that but if the price is right, it won't matter. Thanks guys, can't wait to be a Seamaster owner! Cheers, Hunter in AK

2. HunterBurton Jan 5, 2021

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

3. cvalue13 Jan 6, 2021

I see two Alaskan ADs listed, but you’d know better

9B19A7FC-949D-4392-980D-9226C0B66751.png

Otherwise, I can’t imagine Seattle doesn’t have that watch sitting on shelves and ready for quick shipping to AK

4. HunterBurton Jan 6, 2021

I did look at diamonds international and they don’t have omega as a brand they offer on their website and lots of horrible reviews. I’ll check out the Ketchikan AD.

5. Alfista88 Jan 6, 2021

Hi - for direct purchase from an AD, I recommend Toppers in San Mateo. They're long-time sponsor of the Omega brand sub-forum on WUS, and are know for working with out-of-state customers and excellent deals.

While the discount percentages from AD's have dried up significantly in the last 3-4 years, Toppers has remained competitive. I recommend you give Rob there a call, and see what he can do on this model.

As a side note: have you had an opportunity to try on a 43.5mm Planet Ocean? It wears much smaller than its size dimensions on paper might suggest. I'm a big fan of the 8900 caliber movement on the PO, with its silent rotor action and jumping hour function for quick time-zone adjustment. The 8800 on the SMP does make a rotor-spin noise, in case that bothers you. On the other hand, the 8800 has a quick date jump function, if you find that's more useful than jumping hours.

flash_in_the_pan likes this.
  6. KAP Jan 6, 2021

Welcome to Omega Forums Hunter.

Those stores posted above are seasonal and connected to the cruise ship industry which are not operating in Alaska until post COVID. And even so, I think you would also find a better option elsewhere.

You will need to work with an AD or boutique out of state. If you connect with one in Washington state, you will not have to pay sales tax since there is an agreement to exempt Washington sales tax for purchases over $400 annually by Alaskan residents. You will need to save the receipt, fill out the form and mail it in to get reimbursed. The form and details are available online.

From experience, I can recommend contacting Colton Spahn, boutique manager at the Bellevue location. The Seattle Boutique Tourbillon is another option.

Edited Jan 6, 2021
    Dan S, HunterBurton and cvalue13 like this.
  7. HunterBurton Jan 6, 2021

Thanks for this, very good info. I will reach out to him. I am going to be in Maui in February and there is an AD really close to where I am staying so I am going to schedule a visit and try one on first I think. Will also take a look at what else they have there too. Thanks guys!

cvalue13 likes this.
  8. HunterBurton Jan 6, 2021

Just kidding, the guy just wrote back and said they don't carry Omega despite it being listed on their website.

9. Evitzee Jan 6, 2021

Little Switzerland operates all over the Caribbean and they will ship anywhere in the world, they are a huge Omega retailer. In store discounting is normally 15% without even asking. Have bought from them several times (in person), good retailer. Give them a call or send them an email and ask for their best price.

Shop Omega Watches Duty Free | Little Switzerland

10. HunterBurton Jan 6, 2021

Thanks I will reach out to them!

11. 140dave Jan 6, 2021

Second the recommendation for Toppers in San Mateo, competitive and easy to work with. FWIW

HunterBurton likes this.
  12. HunterBurton Jan 7, 2021

Ended up emailing Toppers and got a call within 20 minutes or so... 15 minutes later I hung up and bought a watch. Thanks for the recommendations guys! They were indeed very easy to work with, great customer service, competitive pricing, and fast service. Watch arrives tomorrow. Would also highly recommend working with them. Cheers, Hunter (soon to be Omega owner of a Seamaster 300 diver)