Forums Latest Members
  1. maxbelg Jun 28, 2018

Yes, but based on a previous lume job it behaves rather like tritium in that it only glows for a few minutes and not brightly. I‘ll of course check when I get the watch back

Philou likes this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 28, 2018

He may have used a compound with Zinc sulphide only ie it glows briefly but has no radioactive component. This will behave exactly like decayed tritium lume and not glow like a torch like Superluminova would.

3. GuiltyBoomerang Jun 28, 2018

I had a Certina serviced by Christian a while back and asked him to do a sympathetic relume. It made the watch look quite classy and as someone has said, it didn't glow for too long. Considering that both hands had different colour lume beforw...

20180628_204801.jpg

media (14).jpeg

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 28, 2018

That is a tidy job but not what I call sympathetic. The lume has a nice warm beige colour previously and now looks a bit like toothpaste ie a little too new. Just my opinion of course, YMMV.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  5. GuiltyBoomerang Jun 28, 2018

Probably a reason I sold it in the end...
    Now I just keep the lume (unless resuming is necessary or if I can source correct hands/dials.)

padders likes this.
  6. maxbelg Jun 28, 2018

Previously Christian did this sort of re-lume but I‘m sure he‘d do it differently these days.....

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  7. maxbelg Jul 4, 2018

I had the watch back but unfortunately had to send it in again due to a pusher issue, so I'll have to wait a bit longer still...... At least I managed to take a few pics when I had it back. Where the lume is not perfect on the plots it is because of a bad previous lume job. If you compare the before pic you'll notice the same areas: here it was impossible to remove the previous lume or else the dial would have been damaged. I'm very happy with the lume plots and they look just perfect without magnification.

IMG_7644.jpg IMG_7627.jpg

omegaswisst likes this.