Forums Latest Members
  1. RCAFBuster Jul 20, 2015

I just wanted to show my newest addition to the family, third from the left. I've been able to add another Omega HA60 to the fold with wonderful provenance. The dial has a beautiful patina and she's running like new.

Omega 6 pack.jpg

tictictictoc, Baz9614, Geo! and 20 others like this.
  2. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Jul 20, 2015

Holy s::censored::t!

I commend your focus. I'm such a multi-brand sloot

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 20, 2015

Exactly my collecting philosophy - buy what you like again and again and again...

LouS likes this.
  4. Wongo Jul 20, 2015

This man had been stalking Vets :whipped:

Optimizer13 likes this.
  5. RCAFBuster Jul 20, 2015

I keep scouring the world looking for the best examples I can find. There is a certain 'aura' about them that I just love.

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 20, 2015

Now THAT is a collection!

7. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 20, 2015

Great collection! I would be happy to just own one of these. :)

8. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 20, 2015

Nice hoarding!

9. RCAFBuster Jul 20, 2015

I'm just trying to emulate some of the Speedmaster collections I've seen on OF. Each one is slightly different and unique in it's own way, hehe. That's what I tell myself and my wife.

Geo! and Northernman like this.
  10. tsbphd Jul 20, 2015

That's focus and it requires a great amount of discipline and, sometimes, a fair amount of luck. They look wonderful.

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 20, 2015

not another one........I envy your focus ! can`t be left any others now....I`m happy with one. kind regards. achim

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 21, 2015

Nice one D, any chance of some close shots and the story behind the watch?

PS: Still got the DD or have they gone?

13. RCAFBuster Jul 21, 2015

Hi Jim,
    Yes, I've still got the DD, but just back from holidays, so will look at marketing a few items.

The provenance of the new HA60, from a serving Major is, " The Provenance of this particular time piece is that I obtained this watch, in the spring of 2013, from a gentleman who was a Supply Technician in the Canadian Armed Forces. It was a watch that he obtained as it was struck from the local supply depot’s holdings (CTC Gagetown where the RCAF 403 Squadron (Helicopter) Operational Training Squadron is located).
    To my knowledge there was an attempt to dispose of the watch through surplus, however it was deemed based on the age that it should be outright disposed of. To my knowledge it was literally taken out of the garbage about two weeks before I obtained it."

Cheers,
    Buster

CdnWatchDoc and oddboy like this.
  14. RCAFBuster Jul 21, 2015

Achim,

My sights are still firmly set on your RCAF Omega, so please contact me before you do anything drastic with it.

Cheers,

Darren

15. Furze Jul 21, 2015

My 9 salutes your 6! 2015-02-03 15.01.43.jpg

tictictictoc, duc, TNTwatch and 6 others like this.
  16. RCAFBuster Jul 21, 2015

Nice Formation Work!

17. nsdan Feb 3, 2016

Nice collection. I picked up a basket case one a few years back and have been looking for parts ever since and with Omega's new policy not letting their authorized dealers repair or sell parts for these older watches it looks like I may have to send it to the Omega factory in Biel and spend a small fortune to have it restored. You don't happen to have a cache of hoarded parts lying around do you :)

18. RCAFBuster Feb 3, 2016

Hi,
    I don't have a lot of spare Omega parts, but what are you specifically looking for?
    Cheers,
    Buster

19. nsdan Feb 3, 2016

Hi; I was just kidding when I asked if you had a cache of parts. Actually I wasn't kidding about my HA60 being a basket case and I'm not really sure what all I need because I haven't taken the watch apart. I've never worked on any of the complicated watches i.e.. automatics, chronographs, etc. only straight forward manuals and pocket watches. I'm only a hobbyist with a few watches but I couldn't pass up the 60. It needs crystal, pusher, crown and stem and tube, case back, and I found a small piece inside that looks to be the end of the setting lever spring. Also needs a couple of jewels for the runners and they look like the pivots are broke. Lol, like I said a basket case. Should probably just part it out but I've got to see if it's feasible to bring it back to life. A watch guy in England said he'd have a look at it,(he did a 62 that needed some of the same work), and the Omega people basically want me to send it to their restoration shop in Biel to see if it can be restored while telling me at the same time there are no spare parts for the watch. I'll probably send it for an estimate and if it's not too outrageous get it done since I really hate to see watches like this die.

20. RCAFBuster Feb 3, 2016

Hi,
    yes, regrettably this one sounds like it needs a lot of help and beyond he scope of my parts. I don't think I'd send it to Biel as it would come back with a bunch of new looking items. Are you able to PM me some photos of your 60? Where are you located?
    Buster