Forums Latest Members

FS Rare vintage Seiko 6139-6040 chronograph

1. bimbim1207 Sep 29, 2019

Hi all,

Up for sale is my one of my rarest Seikos in the collection, the vintage Seiko 6139-6040 chronograph with silver linen/ beige sunburst dial. This is one of the rarest among the 6139s, and finding one in this all original and very good condition like this really took me a while. Here’s the details:

1. Case: 40mm stainless steel case (flushed crown), lugs to lugs is 43.5mm and beefy at 14.5mm thickness. Case is in great shape, very sharp, looks like has not been polished before. Lugs corners are sharp, retain all original facets. Case back is in pristine condition.

2. Dial & hands: all original & perfect condition. Beige sunbust dial with silver linen subdial is stunning in person. Lume spots are all original, thick, fully spread on the markers surface. The only issue is that it has one little blemish near to the center of the dial, as pictured.

3. Movement: original 6139 movement is clean and serviced in 2019. It keeps very good time & runs strong, chronograph works and reset perfectly. Date change works by pushing the crown all the way in. Accuracy is unknown as it’s not important to me.

4. Crown: original & unsigned, wind & set time smoothly. Pushers are original

5. Glass: unknown originality. It looks nice.

6. Bracelet: includes an original bracelet is in very good condition, fit up to 18-19cm wrist. Claps is signed. Bracelet is very comfortable to wear.

7. Fratellowatches has a very good article cover this watch, please see it here: https://www.fratellowatches.com/seiko-6139-versus-zenith-el-primero-a386/

Other info and condition of sale:
    1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
    2. I’m asking US$ 1550 net to me, excluding Paypal fees & including shipping. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is also a feasible option, buyer to cover bank fees.
    3. Item will be shipped worldwide via DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
    4. I've only done some deals on OmegaForums successfully, but many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
    5. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
    6. I’m not open to trade at the moment.

Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.

Here are the images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jumpingsecond, rbob99, Yak1 and 4 others like this.
  2. bimbim1207 Nov 2, 2019

BUMP!