Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Rare Vintage Jumbo size Vacheron Constantin w honeycomb dial ref. 4539

1. reficul_x Apr 28, 2018

Hi all,On sale today is probably one of the rarest watch you'll see this week, a circa 1952 Jumbo 38mm case size Vacheron solid 18k gold. Only 50 pieces were ever made.

Many of VC or simple dress watches from this era tends to be on the conservative size (30 to 34mm) but this particular rare reference made in 38mm must have raised eyebrows when they were first released back in 1952!

The beautiful 38mm case has a gorgeous "step", aka step case, with a gorgeous dome crystal.This particular prime example is not just a rare reference, but with a rare hard lacquered dial as well. It has a desirable (guilloche) honeycomb at the center with a groove like a chapter ring with machined, polished dots as minute markings. If you also noticed, apart from the 3-6-9-12 applied markers, the 1-5-7-11 are round semi-spheres where the rest in a 4 faceted ice shards. The execution is amazing, and much craftsmanship has been invested in this piece resulting in a dial that is truly unique and one of a kind.Apart from the rare jumbo reference, and rare dial, the movement 454 has a more uncommon central second, which is uncommon during its time. Usually watches made during this period uses a subsidiary second hand, for ease of technicalities involved.

Also, this watch also comes with an early shock protection, a non-incabloc style.Watch comes complete with the original leather box and VC Extract from the Archives.I will let the photos do the rest of the talking:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A size comparison shot with a modern green sub

[​IMG][​IMG]

I am asking for USD 19,000 wired and shipped. I think for this amount for a grail is extremely reasonable in relative of the recent hike of many good vintage watches.No return unless any gross misrepresentation on my part.I can be reached at reficul_x AT yahoo.com

Woops, dougiedude, x3no and 14 others like this.
  2. reficul_x May 20, 2018

Will consider serious offers

3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 20, 2018

Stunning! An extract from Vc is most unusual 'cause they're most expensive. My understanding is that they only issue an extract when they provide their own expensive factory service in Geneva. Great watch GLWS, Miki

reficul_x likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 20, 2018

That watch is why suede straps exist. The slight blue stitching omg gorgeous.

reficul_x likes this.