Forums Latest Members
  1. Magellan Jun 9, 2015

The * who sold me a redialed ww2 omega also sold me this seamaster linen with this bracelet on it. He described it as desireable and rare (which i doubt now) - however, i cant find it on the internet. Its stamped No12 inside the buckle and "Pet Peno". Ive tried to google this but couldnt find anthing.

Please advise.

IMG_4268.jpg IMG_4269.jpg IMG_4271.jpg IMG_4272.jpg
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 9, 2015

I do not think this bracelet is very rare. I just picked up a gold plate one and half a stainless steel one in lot of bracelets from the bay. I don't know anything about them however. Please post a photo of your linen dial. That may be more rare!

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 9, 2015

Actually marked PAT PEND - Patent Pending.

Fairly common 1960s piece

TNTwatch likes this.
  4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 9, 2015

Oh. I thought Pat Pending was the younger brother of Mike Pending. Just goes to show. :)

Bracelet is fairly common, but neat machine work and centre rib. Cost a fortune to produce today to that level of quality.

Cheers

Desmond

pweingarten, Rman, TNTwatch and 2 others like this.
  5. Magellan Jun 9, 2015

thanks for the quick replies. i would like to buy more of these bracelets (they are lovely to wear) but cant find any on ebay. what do i need to enter and how much do these cost?

6. Magellan Jun 12, 2015

??

7. TNTwatch Jun 12, 2015

There's no specific reference number on your bracelet so you'd have to search for all the Omega bracelets on eBay to find the one that looks like this. As to cost, $150 or less is fair price, shouldn't be more than $200.

Giff2577 likes this.
  8. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 12, 2015

Here are 1.5 of these bracelets:
    DSC06217.JPG DSC06218.JPG

Caliber561, kkt and TNTwatch like this.
  9. TNTwatch Jun 12, 2015

10. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 12, 2015

No they don't, nor a date code. They look like stretch bracelets but they don't stretch.

11. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jun 13, 2015

They look like my JB champion bracelet i got . But mine has a middle strech part instead of a clasp . I think this where made by JB .

DSC03900.JPG DSC03899.JPG

watchyouwant and Giff2577 like this.
  12. BenBagbag May 9, 2019

Bumping an old thread with a bunch of questions... Anyone else around here have one? Is there a name for this style of bracelet? What watches did these come on and would it be appropriate for any Seamaster?

SmartSelect_20190509-221852_eBay.jpg

13. BenBagbag May 10, 2019

14. JwRosenthal May 10, 2019

There are some that are similar in the mid 60's catalogs here- I could have sworn I had seen this one but couldn't find it on a quick search.

http://www.old-omegas.com

@Lucasssssss may have more info as he's trying to write the ultimate bracelet tome at some point

15. BenBagbag May 10, 2019

Do you recall which catalog you said you saw it in. I just looked through all the 60's catalogs and the only think I found similar was a 9ct gold watch with a gold bracelet but distinctly different.

16. JwRosenthal May 10, 2019

I don’t unfortunately, I looked at so much damn litererure trying to find another bracelet I have and don’t remember where I saw it-but I do remember seeing several like yours in a row in technicolor graphics. I remember thinking they looked like JB Champion bracelets but with Omega clasps.
    If I recall they weren’t paired with Seamaster’s or Connie’s, but that doesn’t mean anything as several of the case shapes are shared across the range and a dealer would have put whatever they had on hand on a watch if it fit.

17. cristos71 May 10, 2019

I really don't know anything about these, I've seen them before but never found them attractive enough to persue.

BenBagbag likes this.
  18. BenBagbag May 10, 2019

While going through those catalogs I was surprised at how many bracelets are advertised for specifically being paired with a specific model - especially the 5 or 7-row BoR. But yeah, whatever someone asked for in the store they got.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  19. JwRosenthal May 10, 2019

I have actually gotten lucky with 2 odd-ball bracelets (I’ve talked about them in other threads), with the help of the catalogs. I questioned the one on my ‘62 Seamaster, but it is indeed original to that watch and was a 1 year only style.

The other bracelet I got was a late 60’s style on a late 50’s Seamaster- clearly not correct and it looked plain bad. The catalogs (along with lots of web searching) helped me figure out that is was ‘68-71 era, for the Round cases Connie’s or SM’s with angular lugs... but was only shown on a Connie in print- that one I have paired with my SM Companion and it’s a great match- Omega couldn’t have imagined it better.

Trying to find anything even using the clasp numbers can be a nightmare so I just went the slow way and searched every piece in literature I could find online by year.
    I wish we had a library of high resolution scans of all Omega literature in the possession of the collective here (brochures, dealer red books, service manuals, part and price sheets etc) - I am willing to bet that it would be pretty comprehensive if everyone pitched in.

DaveK likes this.
  20. Lucasssssss May 11, 2019

I have always called them 'filo-flex' bracelets, this is probably not the accepted nomenclature, I have also seen people call them 'stretch' bracelets.

There is a fair amount of piecemeal discussion on these style of bracelets around here. The Omega Admiralty came on one (ref. 1122) with both 558 and 563 endlinks, I have also seen the 1122 on some Geneves (ref. 166.041). From some research I believe that the a stretch bracelet (ref. 1500r) were also an option on the Constilation 2652, with #5 endlinks, and on seamasters with #10 endlinks.

There are quite a variety of these stretch bracelets, the most common being the 1122, I actually haven't seen many with a ridge down the middle, and these seem somewhat rarer than the more common 1122. I would be appreciative of more photos of this bracelet; especially the endlinks.

As I am sure you know, many of these bracelets were installed at the the dealers, so it is doubtful that there will be a specific reference for this bracelet, it is often a bit of a jigsaw puzzle between the endlinks and the case profile. From my research these flex bracelets were introduced around 1965 and lasted until around 1970, so I would imagine that the best fitment would be of cases of this period.

BenBagbag and JwRosenthal like this.