Forums Latest Members

SOLD Rare 1960’s Baylor “Captain Cook” Stadium Bezel - Serviced

1. bristnj Sep 22, 2020

For sale I have a very rare and ultra cool 1960’s Baylor “Captain Cook” - Ref. 10506. This piece is presumably manufactured by Rado for Baylor Watch Co. The case, dial design and bezel are all consistent or identical with the famous Captain Cook of the same period. Bezel is concave or “stadium” style, and is exactly like the unique Rado Captain Cook! Case measures about 36mm and bezel is 37mm. Lugs are 19mm.

The watch is in more than excellent condition as represented by photos, and the automatic A.S. (A.Schild) movement (same brand as the Cook) has been fully serviced by my watchmaker and is running perfectly and keeping great time.

It comes fitted on a vintage BoR, consistent with the same type of bracelet on the Captain Cook. Dial is same metallic gray, and indexes are also consistent with the Cook’s layout. The lume in all original, with exception of minute hand that has been professionally restored to match, including low glow lume. Based on condition of this watch, I have to believe it has lived most of its life stored away someplace safe!

Asking price is a very reasonable $1500 (or nearest offer) plus shipping. Please message me with questions or interest. As always, selling to fund a new acquisition.

Thanks for the space OF! Jeff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Glamour Shot:
    [​IMG]

Edited Sep 22, 2020
  2. bristnj Sep 22, 2020

SOLD and happily staying in the OF Family!

apsm100 and JwRosenthal like this.
  3. wagudc Sep 23, 2020

Wow that was quick. A beautiful piece. Congrats to the buyer and seller.

bristnj likes this.