Forums Latest Members

FS Rare 18k Pink Gold Vintage LONGINES double-signed Türler!

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 28, 2019

Here is a vintage Longines variation that you won't likely see again. It is a very uncommon variation, it part because of the Türler signature, and also because of the fine "stepped" lugs.

It is a smaller watch, at 31mm excluding the crown, but of course was a mans watch from that early, wartime period. I would characterize it as being in very good condition throughout, and believe it to be all original with the exception of the crystal.

The dial shows evenly dispersed "freckle" patina, which typical of such dials, is more or less evident depending on the lighting and viewing angle. The applied gold Roman numeral markers give the watch a very elegant feel.

The 18k pink gold case is a snap-back, and features fixed lugs. A previous owner presumably chose to use a NATO strap while wearing the watch, and the back does show typical signs of such use, including pitting. If the case has been polished, and I am not certain that it ever was, it would have been a very light hand polish. The lines of very attractive "stepped" lugs appear original to my eye. Under a loupe, though, one can see light scratches here and there around the case.

The cal 23 movement is in excellent condition. It dates to 1942, though of course the watch may have been sold a bit later. It is working, but has not been timed, and as always, I would suggest a service for regular wear.

Note that the leather strap is new, but of modest quality.

I ask $900 (or Euro equivalent) or NRO, and will ship EMS (express) from my home in Portugal at the asking price. I would prefer a bank transfer, but may consider Paypal as well.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jul 29, 2019
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jul 29, 2019

A very nice one :thumbsup:
    GLWS

Rumar89 and Tony C. like this.
  3. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jul 29, 2019

Nice Bauhaus watch.
    GLWS.

Tony C. likes this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 30, 2019

Some nibbles, but still available. I'm open to serious offers before I expose the watch to a wider audience!