Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve1haggart Mar 26, 2015

I'm looking to make an offer on the Ranchero, is the an original dial and hands the seller has no photos of the movement but assures me is all original . Is it worth €2650 ? postage it included in the price

Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. TexOmega Mar 26, 2015

I'll leave authenticity to others, but at that level of commitment, I would want to see the movement, at the very least.

3. Flingit1200s Mar 26, 2015

I am still learning so will just say that is looks like an excellent watch.

4. micampe Mar 26, 2015

we've discussed this example on the forum before. I remember the consensus was that the dial looks fine, but the Seamaster script is not supposed to be there, possibly added by the U.S. importer/distributor.

case and crown look ok as well, you should at least ask for the movement serial number and check that it is in the correct range (15M to early 17M).

5. Tjmmartin Mar 26, 2015

I was going to say looks great but then read comments such as micampe's and realise what a great forum this is. I've a lot to learn!

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 26, 2015

the Seamaster text detracts from the value/desirability from a collector's standpoint. If it doesn't bother you though, then go for it.

personally, I would think twice. I think that even if it doesn't bother you now, it would grow to bother you over time. I suppose you could investigate the possibility of having the Seamaster text removed by a professional, but I don't know how that would turn out or how much it would cost.

there are probably better examples to be had if you're patient.

Tjmmartin likes this.
  7. Steve1haggart Mar 26, 2015

good advice thanks. I looking for an original Ranchero give what I've read so far I'm going to give this one a miss ever with the seamaster on the dial your rite it would start to play on my mind that I should have waited for the rite one to come along . Thanks againg for all your help I'll just keep looking .

8. micampe Mar 26, 2015

I went through the same thought process. this one is kinda unfortunate because it would be a very nice example otherwise (but in that case it would already be gone too, right @oddboy?).

oddboy likes this.
  9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 26, 2015

Yup!

10. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2015

If in dollars, you'd be close.