Ranchero?

Posts
231
Likes
237
I have read threads and mentions of ranchero’s with fascination but never considered owning one knowing it’s price. So to be honest hadn’t done much research on them.
This came up on Facebook from a reliable watch dealer( reliable means he is honest, and knowledgeable than most other dealers, but expecting any Collector level knowledge is too much here).
So how much of a ranchero is this?
Is it worth considering? It’s quite cheap for the tag it’s offered under at around 500 bucks US.
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,739
The price from a dealer with some knowledge is a sure tell that it is fake.
 
Posts
8,245
Likes
29,122
The redial "artist" should be severely punished. 😁
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
The redial "artist" should be severely punished. 😁

Come on, be nice….. He is only 12 years old 😉
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
As others have said, redialed with replacement hands (and the hour hand is too short and the sub second hand is too long). There’s a reason that it’s priced at $500 and no honest, ethical dealer would represent this example as an authentic Ranchero or anything close to it. Expect to pay a MINIMUM of $4,500 for an authentic Ranchero and most good examples are $6,000 and up.
 
Posts
144
Likes
180
Dial and hands are fake
It would not be a total steal if the case was original, but I doubt it is , 2990 case back don't look like that, lugs are not supposed to be drilled, and the overall shape is close at first glance, totally off at the second. This watch worth just the price of the movement.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
It would not be a total steal if the case was original, but I doubt it is , 2990 case back don't look like that, lugs are not supposed to be drilled, and the overall shape is close at first glance, totally off at the second. This watch worth just the price of the movement.
Good catch. Seamaster 2937 case, I think.
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
This came up on Facebook from a reliable watch dealer( reliable means he is honest, and knowledgeable
Ah yes, the reliable/reputable strikes again 📖
 
Posts
144
Likes
180
That's a screw back case , I don't even think it is omega, I bet 5 rupees on an indian HMT case. ^^
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
This is the minefield that Is Ranchero shopping. Not that this watch is even deserving of the name, but let’s give credit where credit is due. At least the OP had the good sense to ask the community for input before he proceeded any further.
 
Posts
231
Likes
237
Thank you guys. I knew it was a horrible redial. Was thinking whether the sum of parts( like the case, movement and dial base) justify the asking price. Now I know, it's not.
Thank you for taking your time out to give you analysis.