Forums Latest Members
  1. ricardorio Mar 8, 2015

Dear Friends, the first owner offered to me this beatiful Ranchero. What do you think ? and what will be the cost range ?

Thanks in advance, Ricardo.

RANCHERO.jpg

2. micampe Mar 8, 2015

I'll give my assessment and we'll see if it is confirmed by more seasoned members: the seconds hand should be silver not black, the crown is a replacement and the dial has been repainted (not the worst job I've seen but "swiss made" should be below the minute markers, the 5 and 7 markers bleed into the subdial and the hour markers should not have white borders). And I'm actually not even sure about the case.

Edited Mar 8, 2015
  3. watchlovr Mar 8, 2015

I just don't think it is a Ranchero at all, sorry.

Spacefruit likes this.
  4. sulaco Mar 8, 2015

The second hand is not black thats just reflection

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 8, 2015

Refinished dial at the very least.

6. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Mar 8, 2015

The case does look like a 2990. However, pictures of the inside of the case back and of movement are needed to confirm. The crown is an incorrect replacement. The hour and minute hands appear to be original, I can't see the seconds hand clear enough to say but it should be silver. Finally, the dial looks like it was refinished.
    Since the Ranchero dial is what leads to its higher value compared to Seamster 2990 (whether this is justified or not can be a topic of another entire thread), the fact that it is refinished deals a major blow to the value. Personally, I would walk away.

7. marturx Mar 8, 2015

"first owner"....

What a joke. Someone put in a serious amount of effort to copy a Ranchero. If first owner is correct, it must be him. Didn't he mention anything of this to you? If not, he is clearly a scammer

cristos71 likes this.
  8. ricardorio Mar 8, 2015

Thank you very much for every one.
    Obviously not buy this watch

9. redpcar Mar 8, 2015

If you are looking for a correct example, do not buy. It would look good on the wrist but worth less than half of a nice version.

10. ricardorio Mar 8, 2015

[​IMG]