Forums Latest Members
  1. Madjam1966 Feb 16, 2020

What do other owners think of the latest Railmaster (non LE version) bracelet? I find it feels comfy, hugs the wrist beautifully yet the edging is unusually sharp for a high end watch. I'm probably comparing it though to the contrasted smoothness/flow of the SMP's jubilee design which, in my eyes/hands, is unbeatable. Sharpness aside, the RM's bracelet is of great quality.

I've just noticed that on the clasp there are a couple of what appears to be ceramic 'nipples'/bearings to prevent friction and assist ease when opening/closing one half of the clasp. Very cool touch.

I know some reviewers have said that the RM is quite bland or discreet for an Omega but I see that more as a plus point. What do others think?

Edited Feb 16, 2020
    Pqm_egg likes this.
  2. JeremyS Feb 19, 2020

I say if you like it, damn the torpedos and full speed ahead. It's a nice watch. I have the denim blue dial, and it wears well. The edges of the case are pretty sharp, but the same is true of the more expensive Aqua Terra, too. Perhaps this is a cost saving technique to reduce the amount of machining and polishing. Nevertheless, it's a non-issue in daily wear. Incidentally, that's not a trick of light: the red seconds hand seems much more faded and subdued in the flesh than it does in any of Omega's pictures.
    [​IMG]

Pqm_egg, ama98 and Madjam1966 like this.
  3. Madjam1966 Feb 19, 2020

Totally agree with all of that.

Lovely pic.

Have you heard that the model is likely to be discontinued soonish?

4. JeremyS Feb 19, 2020

I’ve not heard such rumors, but anything is possible. The Railmaster is essentially a modified Aqua Terra, which is a line that Omega seems to frequently change. Anything is possible. I wouldn’t worry about it—the same could be said for many Omega watches.

5. Madjam1966 Feb 19, 2020

Indeed. If anything, if the model was discontinued it could raise its overall value over time and be a potential collectors' piece. Not that that is a reason to buy one but anything that holds its value can only be a good thing, especially when not originally purchased at full RRP.

I recall when it was showcased at Baselworld it gained alot of love and demand yet seems to be a bit of a hit or miss model these days, with the Aqua Terra always being the ever popular go-to choice. When in the dealership recently I tried on a couple of new ATs and was surprisingly underwhelmed overall; it just felt a bit light and blingy (compared to its predecessor), albeit perhaps overly shiny under the store's bright LED lighting. This was part of my reason to choose the weightier, more 'solid' RM, as well as for its relative exclusivity and simple, subtle yet effective, style/look.

My only reservations are the omission of some polished finishing, no raised appliques on the dial and no see-through caseback to exhibit the gorgeous movement; that said, the etched caseback is a thing of beauty anyhow.

DIV likes this.
  6. Madjam1966 Feb 19, 2020

Slightly different angle, totally different shade/look.

IMG_20200219_122820.jpg IMG_20200219_122624.jpg

Pqm_egg, Omegafanman and ama98 like this.
  7. DIV Feb 20, 2020

Is this clasp mico-adjustible in any way?

8. JeremyS Feb 20, 2020

Nope, not at the moment. Perhaps in time it will get the newer style clasp Omega used in the 8800 Constellation Master Chronometers. Fortunately, the Railmaster looks great on a strap, too.

Madjam1966 likes this.
  9. pat mull Jul 2, 2020

Does anyone know if the current, non-LE railmaster can be retrofitted with a micro adjustable clasp?