Forums Latest Members
  1. The SIgnalman May 18, 2023

My railmaster - doing what it was designed to do, and doing it well.

railmaster_at_work.jpg
  2. Walrus May 18, 2023

Great watch I really like them

MDubs, The SIgnalman and wagudc like this.
  3. Walrus May 18, 2023

Cool job as well if I was drivin that train high on cocaine I’d be yelling “choo choo” even after work driving home

4. chrisb732 May 20, 2023

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I love seeing these. So what are you controlling there?

5. SC1 May 20, 2023

One is definitely a golden lager, while two thru five appear to be red ales, six & seven must be stouts and eight strikes me as a lever to alert the fire brigade.

6. Canuck May 21, 2023

I just serviced a Hamilton 992B pocket watch for a fellow who actually uses it in his role as a locomotive engineer! Mind you, he operates a diesel locomotive in an historic park which has several miles of rail. He has a cheap pocket watch as well, but he prefers to have the real thing. Part of the role he plays in the eye of the guests on his train.

Aroxx and McKnife like this.
  7. The SIgnalman May 23, 2023

It's equipment in a railway signal box, at a railway at which I'm a volunteer signalman.. What you can see are seven of the 16 levers. Red levers control 'stop' signals, yellow levers control 'distant' signals (which give advance warning to a driver that the following signal is 'ON', i.e. they have to stop), black levers control the points (known as a railroad switch in US terminology). Other equipment in the signal box include bells and tappers and block instruments for communicating with other signal boxes. On a busy day I'll be moving a lever, using a block instrument or sending/receiving a message via the bells and tappers on average once ever 11 seconds whilst mentally keeping track of three or four trains. :)

chrisb732, RevZMan123 and Dsloan like this.