Quistion about this Omega

I'm so I will introduce myself a bit.
I'm a watch collector from Holland an mostly collecting Vintage Seiko's
However, I bought last week this Omega Constellation.
It seems real but I don;t know much about vintage Omega, I can see somebody
did abuse the watch to open it and the bracelet is also not in any condition at all.

However, the watch is running excellent with only 2 sec off in 2 days... I had to change the clasp to wear
it as long I needed an extension (need also 3 links)

main question, is er anything original on the watch or did I spend money on self-made fantasy Omega?
I did not open the watch as long i'm afraid the screws are so abused I willen never be able to close it so a serial number is not known... all I know is it have to be urly 70's and with the 1001 movement...

I hope to find some answers here in Omega land

John

Like 1
Very real, looks all original and in nice condition.

This is the closest match I can find on Omega’s Database:

upload_2024-6-2_10-18-2.png

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-constellation-omega-ba-368-0854

Here is the cal. 1001 date only version. No picture though.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-constellation-omega-ba-368-0847

I was able to find an old Omega Database text from the days when they listed far more information and related models.
ST 368.0847
'Integrated Line'
International collection
Movement

• Type: Automatic chronometer certified
  • Caliber number: 1001
  • Created in 1968
    20 jewels
Water resistance 30 meters
Watch ref. = 368.0847 (case ref. = 168.0047) or 366.0819 (case ref. = 166.0059).
Swiss ref. = BA 368.4115
Case : 33 x 39,1 mm, rounded square dial opening, 18K solid yellow gold, with integrated 18K gold bracelet of ref. BA 1155/146, case back with 4 screws.
International collection : 1969-1976
Swiss retail price (1974) : CHF 4'580.-
Also available under ref. BA 366.0819
Also available in stainless steel with SS bracelet of ref. 1155/146 (ST 368.0847, CHF 670.-)

gatorcpa

Like 6
Hallo @Dutchwatchdude,
I want to confirm what @gatorcpa added and give adiditional thaughts.
This original Omega is certainly case back ref 168.047 with chronometer cal 1001.
As @gatorcpa mentioned allready.

Sometimes steel bracelets like this are offered as parts maybe with the extra links you need.

This watch is the predecessor of ref 168.059 with cal 1011 but identical case. This has a slightly different dial with a bit bigger 12 o'clock indices and Omega sign.

The shown watch by @gatorcpa from the Omega database is case back ref 168.060 with cal 1021 daydate.
Yes I like this family of integrated bracelet watches...
I copied the specs of the 18k versions from the Omega Museum site.

Remember: The factory references are a bit more differentiated then the marked case back references due to different models but same case back. In this case the 'BA' indicates gold case and the '3' indicates integrated bracelet...
(The factory ref you only get from the original papers or from an Extract of the Archives, that are not available any more.)
Greetings Konrad

Omega 168.047 Specs 5.jpg
Omega 168.060 Specs 1.jpg
Edited:

Like 2
With two Omega's now you become an Omega Collector!!. Regards :)

Like 3
Hey fellow Seiko and Omega collector, welcome to the forum!

What are your favorite Seiko pieces?

Like 1
I have a lot of them, the 3 most resent that I really like are those and my Lord Marvel... On my Instagram you get a good idea about my Collection #dutchwatchdude

Like 2
BTW still waiting for the black constellation, even Holland is just a little bit bigger than a pizza still can the post not deliver a parcel in 2 days....

Cool beanz, I like the hands on the skyliner I don’t run into many of them yonder. I’m kinda heavy on omega and seiko myself and although I have a decent amount of vintage seikos I like a lot of their new stuff and revivals but they are getting a bit crazy with prices, I guess many things are now.

I have a lot of Seiko's and prefer the vintage non 5's but als have some save the ocean Prospex en my Alpenist. Feel free to take a look on my Instagram all my watches are posted many times and I post every new one... I get a few new watches every week.... Some for flipping others fot my collection (I flip them to afford the good stuff) https://www.instagram.com/dutchwatchdude/